ViewSonic VP201b TFT

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Yiiiihaaaaa, I just got the above mentioned 20" TFT home from work. It is to be used with my laptop, mini dock and ADSL connection to work in cases of emergencies.

And boy does it look good! I'm using it through the KVM at the moment, but I'm very tempted to try out the DVI cable to my Geforce4200 and then use VNC to connect to the other computer. It looks damm good.

And I might get rid of my old 21" Nokia 445ZA monitor, which took about half a square meter of space from my table. I didn't remember I had such a big desk at home, funny :).

Did I mention the TFT looks good? It does :)

Running it with 160x1200 at the moment.

For those thinking about TFTs (this is my first), damm this looks good :mrgrn:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The Viewsonic VP201s seems to share the same panel as the new Dell 2001FP. Yours features a slower response time and is only compliant with TCO'99 instead of the VP201s' TCO'03, but is otherwise similar. A monitor close to the Dell 2001FP that Anand praised so much must be excellent indeed. Luckily for you, Viewsonic didn't used a MVA panel for that monitor, but a more effecient technology.

When the background is mostly black, do you notice any brighter spots on the screen? How many dead pixels do you have?

Félicitations.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
So far I've found one pixel that looks red on white background and light in colour on darker background.

I'll try some darker background in a while. I'll also be trying out the DVI connector tomorrow, which should make this even better looking. :)