Was the Net under attack this late afternoon?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I've had great difficulties to reach most web sites around 16h00 ET, although now everything's just fine. Last time it happened, it was because of Slammer. Did the web suffered from another DoS attack today?

Or is it just the tempest that's now raging outside in Québec that's causing this slowdown (broken-by-wind wires and such)?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
The Internet Traffic Report doesn't show anything out of the ordinary for North America in the last 24 hours.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Nothing was coming up for me about an hour ago. But SR.com has been down for a while now.

zx

Learning Storage Performance
I was also having troubles coug. But it seems to be ISP related. I (tried) to play counter-strike that afternoon and had a ping of 200, compared to the usual 30 (half of the players on the server had a high ping while the others had a regular one). I could not access SR and SF and my ICQ/MSN was always getting disconnected.

I think it was ISP related. I'm on videotron and it was slow as hell. Those who had sympatico high speed were not affected.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I had trouble accessing nascar.com earlier today. Maybe it is related.

C

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Guys, my slowdown occured on the 22nd : yesterday. Today, although I haven't been on the web all the afternoon, I haven't had any trouble with my connection.