West Coast getting blasted by huge storm fronts. 3 in a row, inside a week.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Yes. Once aspect of GW often mentioned is reversal of climatic conditions - cold where it is warm, warm where it should be cold, rain where it should not, failed monsoons, etc. Some of these are happening with regularity - rain patterns, for instance.

Stereodude

Not really a
All right, SD, you know best.
Look, believe in AGW or don't. It doesn't matter to me, but the whole idea that the AGW pushers have established a non-falsifiable premise for AGW pushes them out of the realm of science and into something else. The scientific method relies on and is built around falsifiable theories. Someone establishes a theory (that can be proven false) and then often people try to prove it false (since some things you can't prove true). This is how science improves and refines it's understanding of topics.

In this case the AGW pushers are basically arguing that weather proves AGW. If they'll establish a falsifiable AGW theory then we can have a scientific discussion about the merits of AGW otherwise it's a complete waste.

ddrueding

Fixture
And considering that things are happening now (sea level rise, record droughts, record storms, record frequency of storms), focusing on them individually makes more sense anyway. We're past the theoretical "bad things might happen" and into the "how will this affect me" stage. That I believe that man-made changes to the composition of the atmosphere are causing changes to the earth (hardly a reach) matters far less to me than the fact that I chose to insulate my house as if it were in a much harsher climate (because it might be) and that my house is currently 28 feet above sea level (enough at current rate changes to outlast me).

ddrueding

Fixture
If we are still in the area when we build our next house, the location I've picked out is at 650', and still 12 miles from the ocean (decent view).

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
20's at night is getting normal. I'm wondering how that's going to effect the 20 billion dollar wine industry?

ddrueding

Fixture
Ended up a beautiful day (60s), but when I was loading my car for the ride and scraping ice off my windshield I felt very foolish.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
LM:
Where exactly on that map are you?

It's 29 degrees here @ 1 AM. Ice on the cars. Yesterday driving at 9 AM hillsides are still frosted over. Unusual.

Surfing tomorrow, anyone?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
26 @ 6:30 AM. Cold offshore wind.

Old Wind chill Index 11 degrees

New 16 degrees.

Pretty close to record lows.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Bloody Hell! It's 30 degrees at 9:53 PM!

Wind is from the NorthEast. It's already freezing, so it's going to go REALLY low tonight.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
29 again at 8 am . How hum. It's getting common and loosing it's novelty.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
27 this morning, again. It's getting old. 3-4 layers of clothes to do laundry????

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Wind chill will be about 10F in throbbing morning. I'm glad to be returning home tomorrow.