What do you think about LitePC : XPlite?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I'm talking about this XPlite.

The way I see it, it's a tweaking tool, not a complete OS, so I still have to own a separate copy of WinXP and then apply the XPlite miraculous diet to remove MSFT trans fat from the OS.

It's not very expensive (40$ per copy, less if many copies are purchased), but I would rather have a clean OS to start with. I think Mercutio once wrote he liked the products from LitePC. Is it still the case?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I haven't tried it with XP since I have a moral objection to using it on my personal computers. Server 2003 - my company has a TON of licenses for the Web Edition that we're never going to use for anything - is very fast and has very little fat IMO, so I just use that these days.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
I own a license for XPLite and its predecessor 98Lite.

I like their ability to shed unwanted components from the respective Windows OS's. One must exercise caution, however, since you can eliminate components that can cause big problems if you're not careful.

I just downloaded the new v1.6 XPlite Professional before work this morning and will probably give it a spin when I get home.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I've used XPLite also. It works as advertised. You can really clean windows out.
Using XPLite to shrink XP, making an image of the results and then put that image on the IRam PCI card would be the bee's knees.

Bozo :mrgrn: