What the hell happened?

SteveC

Storage is cool
There was a fire were the server is located. The status page is here. Apparently, a transformer blew up, and knocked out power.

Handruin

Administrator
My bad, I forgot to pay the bill. 8)

Thank you SteveC for book marking the status page! There is no way for me to let people know when the site is down, so I hoped people bookmarked that site so they could stay informed.

Long story short, SteveC summed it up and NAC datacenter had a fire today that caused a major outage. (for many people not just us) There was not much I could do but sit and wait for them to bring us back online.

One solution is for anyone who would like to know the status of the site during an outage, send me a with your e-mail address. I will create a list only to be used during outages and important upgrades. I'm not going to spam anyone, so in order for this to work, people must opt-in to the announcement list.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Handruin said:
One solution is for anyone who would like to know the status of the site during an outage, send me a with your e-mail address.
Send me a....

Send you a what, Doug? A postcard? A chanted message? A paypal payment?

Handruin

Administrator
Seems like me keyboard ate the letters "P" and "M". :study:

Send me a PM with the e-mail address you would like to use and I will make a list.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Pradeep said:
Site seemed to be down for me at 6am EST this morning.

They were moving the server:
To clarify, Swordfish and Piranha were migrated to the basement of NAC yesterday while the power was being worked on. It seems they are being moved back to floor 3.

It is Swordfish, BTW.