Where to find reviews on network switches?

Handruin

Administrator
Does anyone know of a web site that rates network switches? I'm talking about comparisons between Cisco, 3com, and Intel for example. (not limited to)

I'm looking for a place that would be close to "SR" quality if it even exists in the networking world. I've looked through www.practicallynetworked.com, but I get the impression they target home users, not corporate components. How is it major corporations decide which networking manufacture to use? Is it based on reputation alone or is there a way to read up on these?

I'll continue to search, but if someone knows of a place, could you pass it along to me please,

Doug

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm guessing you are looking for reviews of managed switches? Almost all the non-managed switches offer the same performance, as long as the backplane capacity is at least equal to the sum of all ports.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Corperations usually decide what they need in the way of a network. Then they have sales people in from various manufacturers/vendors. Then the decision is made based on price. The cheaper the better.

When there is a problem, its the IT or Network guru that takes the heat, even though he/she might have pushed for a better (more expensive) setup.

Bozo :D

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Then there is the very large corperations. Some clown in an office makes a 'Deal' with some vender. 'Get the price down and we will buy everthing from you.' Then when you need something, you must deal with this vender only. Limits your choice to junk, and more junk because it is cheap. Usually it ends up costing more.

Bozo :D