Why must TV forsake me?

ddrueding

Fixture
It was actually alright. I liked it, my older, geekier friends didn't. My wife (who had never seen any Star Trek before) liked it. We're now going to make our way through TOS and then some of the movies.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I'm not familiar with the remakes of the pilots, specific shows, or copycat series, but the Star Trek TV series was comprised of individual episodes that can be seen in any order. Year by year is probably fine though some of the 3rd season was not up to snuff. Basically they had no budget.

The Menagerie does not really fit into the series. It was taken from the original failed Cage pilot and padded to make two episodes. I can remember exactly but I recall it was shown sometime later during the season. At the time it was rather confusing and did not really fit in, seemingly an obvious attempt to stretch footage already paid for.

LunarMist

Bah. I hate renaming schemes and revising history. It's like the fools that decide a 5D is now a 5D classic or 5D Mark I, or that photo film is not film, but analog media.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I would only show someone who had only seen the recent aborti^H^H^H^H^H^Hmovie Deep Space 9 and maybe a couple episodes of TNG and Enterprise. And then I'd put them straight on to Battlestar Galactica.

LunarMist

Huh? I know you were too young, but that is even how it was promoted for TV. They took the old Canadian cowboy from Bonanza or whatever it was and a couple of young guys for the fighter pilots. It was supposed to be like Star Wars, but better. However, after the pilot it became increasingly repetitive and boring.

LunarMist

I don't understand the Game on the Throne series. Who are the peoples? Is it supposed to take place in ancient England or what?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Game of Thrones is set in a fantasy world where magic has kind of dried up. Most of the characters belong to one of four noble families. Three of those noble families were involved in a civil war that took the kingdom away from the fourth family. The last two members of the fourth family now live across a sea from their former kingdom and are hanging out with the horse people.

It's epic fantasy, but not in the same mode as Lord of the Rings.

LunarMist

I have no idea how Merc knows all this stuff. :bow:

So the fake bleach blonde is the last woman of her species?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I have never seen the twin peaks shows, Just loaded them in netflix for lack of something better to do. Is the movie supposed to be a prequel or after watching the series?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I watched Twin Peaks last year. It's worth watching. I watched the movie afterwards and it made sense even though it's a prequel.

LunarMist

Ha! About 21 years ago it was all the rage around the water coolers (yes we had them back then). Basically everyone weas intrigued and confused. After a while the show became more annoying than anything esle and died out fairly quickly.

Sol

Storage is cool
I just started watching Game of Thrones the other day, hadn't realized it was an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire. It's a well put together adaptation though (The casting especially seems spot on with how I imagined the characters) and I read the books long enough ago that I don't remember much of what happened until right before it does, and I probably won't remember stuff they leave out at all.

And you shouldn't let the idea of horse people turn you off, they're like Mongolians, not centaurs. And the fake bleach blond girl is a perfectly normal human as far as I can remember, the white hair is just a family trait.

LunarMist

I just started watching Game of Thrones the other day, hadn't realized it was an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire. It's a well put together adaptation though (The casting especially seems spot on with how I imagined the characters) and I read the books long enough ago that I don't remember much of what happened until right before it does, and I probably won't remember stuff they leave out at all.

And you shouldn't let the idea of horse people turn you off, they're like Mongolians, not centaurs. And the fake bleach blond girl is a perfectly normal human as far as I can remember, the white hair is just a family trait.

Mostly they seem to be British or trying to be. I'm getting boring already.