Win XP Pro x64 version and DVD player software.

freeborn

Learning Storage Performance
Hello eveyone!

I finally finished putting together my latest toy, a Shuttle XPC 26NP with an Athlon X2 and installed the copy of Win XP 64 bit I have. Everything was working great until I started installing my favorite software. Alcohol 120 -- No go, but Daemon tools offers virtual software which works fine on the platform. Next, I wanted to check movie playback from my collection on the file server.
I tried to install my WinDVD platinum -- No go. I checked PowerDVD's site but they don't list support for 64 bit windows. Media player plays the DVDs but won't go full screen very well. I'm running a Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW at it's native resolution but media player "full screen" gives me a 4X3 block in the middle.

Do any of you know of a software based player which works well in WinXP x64? I am hoping for a player which will decode DTS and Dolby Digital along with DVD-Audio format.

I'm running an eVGA 7800GTX KO for the graphics. I think I'll go check if Nvidia is offering a player but I would like to hear from you all as well.

Thanks!

Free

freeborn

Learning Storage Performance
Thanks Stereodude.

Unfortunately,
Purevideo is only for 32 bit windows. Looks like I will backup my current install and start again and attempt to set up a dual boot system so that I can use my computer in either environment for now.

Thanks again,

Free