Windows X·P Service Pack ---> 1 <--- Available

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Platform said:
Make sure that the Terminal Services service is set to "Automatic" startup.
Done. Uninstalled & re-installed the MSI & the client. Still no dice. Nothing logged in Event Viewer either.

If this continues, I will have to back out SP1 as I need TSC.

- Fushigi

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Since I use TS on a 2000 "Server" that I normally use as a workstation, I notice that quite a few packages won't work with either the client or the server installed. Kind of sad. You'd think they would test that some of thing...

But then I went back to VNC, which works just fine.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
The crazy thing is that it's nothing more than a VNC/pcAnywhere sort of product that shouldn't care what the underlying OS is.

I'd rather go the VNC route myself, but the corporate standard is MS on both the desktop & the server wherever possible (with the exception of the AS/400s).

BTW, the only diff I noticed within TSC is the Available Servers list is empty w/o SP1 but shows my network (um, WORKGROUP :lol: ) in SP1.

- Fushigi

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
PCAnywhere and VNC both manipulate the desktop that's actually in front of the user. TS creates some virtual desktops, and doesn't disturb what's happening on the console. I think that there's quite a bit of Windows software that doesn't work when a computer has more than one possible "desktop" on which to work.