Windows XP Themes, Visual Styles, and Logons...what fun!

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I had no idea that WinXP was so customizable. I'm having a grand time playing with all these different theme's and visual styles people have been creating. Very imaginative!

www.themexp.org

Check it out!!

Clocker

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Actually it never occurred to me to use the words "fun" and the words "Windows XP" in the same sentence before. :) Still, we all have our own particular diversions and each to his own.

Mind you, like nearly all the other good things about Windows, the technology is stolen from the OS/2 world. In this particular case, the underlying ability is provided by a company called Stardock, who pioneered Object Desktop and its related goodies (such as the skins) many years ago, then ported it across to Windows and did a deal with Microsoft. I hope young Brad used a long spoon.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Stardock. Urghhh. I'm still getting random lockups on my win2k install after installing their Deathware WindowBlinds. Uninstalling didn't make any difference :(

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ha! You should have seen their Object Desktop 1.0! (Windows Blinds is a subset of Object Desktop, more or less.) That could lock OS/2 up solid, and believe me, that ain't an easy task. I installed it, said (a) it doesn't do anything usefull that I can't already do with other packages, (b) it's buggy as hell, (c) all the rest is useless eye candy that I don't need or like.

Bit like Win XP, really.