winxp error reports

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Nick-

I know you mentioned you had PC2700 memory. ARe you sure it is good? Can you try some other RAM?

C

NickWild

What is this storage?
Clocker said:
Nick-

I know you mentioned you had PC2700 memory. ARe you sure it is good? Can you try some other RAM?

C
clocker I been thinking the same thing...maybe its bad ram...no I dont have anymore ddr ram sdram wont work will it?

also wheres the best deal on some ddr registered ram?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm not sure you need registered, Nick. I have registered but only because my mobo requires it (practically speaking, anyway). Since PC2700 isn't a real, bonified standard (AFAIK) I don't think you will be able to find DDR PC2700 anyway. At least I didn't see any on price watch.

Can you run your RAM at a slower speed with some settings in the BIOS on that machine or just lower your FSB to see if that fixes your stabiility problem? You may be underclocking for a while but at least you will be able to trouble shoot that way.

I'm not sure of your system...is it supposed to use PC2700 or PC3200 or what? Can you run your PC2700 at PC2100 (266 mhz) speed just to check if your memory can't handle the higher speed?

If it does turn out to be bad ran, I'd just buy your next stick at Mushkin to be safe...those guys are great over there.

http://www.mushkin.com/cgi-bin/Mush...3e03be62ea273fc0a80102061d+EN/products/990866

C

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
By the way, that special error reporting system that XP uses is about as useless as a tit on a bull. Almost every incident I've logged is unknown and I cannot be offered any help. All that thing does is tell Microsoft that certain components have compatiblity issues or that you've bough cheap hardware. I can see their technicians reading these logs laughing at us.

NickWild

What is this storage?
I'm really starting to dislike winxp this is my third attempt to install if this one crashes then its history and back to win2000 pro which game me no problems at all

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
NickWild said:
I'm really starting to dislike winxp this is my third attempt to install if this one crashes then its history and back to win2000 pro which game me no problems at all

I never saw a reason to upgrade. Sorry I can't help with your problems.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Nick-

Unless you have multiple users using the machine requiring different profiles etc, you probably don't need WinXP anyway...

C

NickWild

What is this storage?
to be honest ...no I dont have multipal users I really just liked some of the bells and whistles and I liked the new look