Wireless

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Do the Logitech wireless mice have a replaceable battery in them now? The one I had didn't and when the battery puked, that was the end of the mouse.

CougTek: my Logitech mouse went across the basement into a block wall.

Stereodude

Not really a
Shift-click and Ctrl-click are useful in selecting lists.

If you click on the first item, then Shift-click on the last item in a list then everything in between is also selected. Ctrl-Click allows you to selectively toggle individual items in that list.
Oh, I know that one... I meant during activities that could be otherwise entirely mouse driven. I typically have my hands on the keyboard when at the computer. So, I was asking where a shift click is valuable assuming the task you're doing is otherwise entirely mouse driven. The only activity I can think of that might be entirely mouse based is web browsing (assuming you have a back button) and I there don't see any value to a shift click there.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
If you click on the first item, then Shift-click on the last item in a list then everything in between is also selected.

You don't need Shift for that, you can just draw a box around the items.

Having said that, I'd be more likely to just use my remaining hand (I have two) to hold down a Shift key.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Do the Logitech wireless mice have a replaceable battery in them now? The one I had didn't and when the battery puked, that was the end of the mouse.
My previous mouse used replaceable lithium-ion packs, but my current one runs on AA batteries.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
The only activity I can think of that might be entirely mouse based is web browsing (assuming you have a back button) and I there don't see any value to a shift click there.
Well, if you can shift-click with just the mouse, a lot more activities might be entirely mouse-based. Just because you can't conceive of these tasks doesn't mean that the entire thing has no value.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
You don't need Shift for that, you can just draw a box around the items.
Try doing that for a couple hundred items in a list of thousands. Let me know how your index finger feels after doing that all day.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
The mouse scroll wheel that doubles as a button has always done that for me. :scratch:
I didn't know that the middle button did that. That is really useful.

It didn't do that back when I was using real three-button mouses in Unix. When did it start?

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
In Windows, since the scroll wheel became clickable. This is native in Windows, don't need no special drivers to be installed. This is the part of a mouse I wear out first; either the scroll wheel doesn't click anymore, or will bounce like a bad shock absorber, resulting in multiple clicks.