opinion. An 800x600 version of the image can be found here,other sizes
can be found found here.

Here is a small version:

p240.jpg

On the bag it says,
"Worry free booting in minutes!"

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
OK. But it's a windows cup not a computer cup. Is this one of those things when the analogy has to break down somewhere.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I don't get it either. :roll: The drug looks more like Hershey Kisses than an effervescent citric or tartaric acid/sodium bicarbonate tablet.

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Methinks they are trying to show Linux as a replacement for Windoze, though it is a bit unclear and abstract. Could this be the dawn of a new period of art history, the Linux Period? :-?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
It must be that metal plate in my head that clicks on the laugh module in my brain when I see that picture. The mug has the Windows logo and a computer power button on it. To some, that is a disastorous combination, since Windows (by some standards) is not a reliable operating system. So, you add a potent sprinkling of Linux to your computer system, and suddenly all is well. I'm still laughing at the picture - something must be wrong with me.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I think it's funny, too. Don't feel bad. It must be the dixie-radiation that's keeping Dozer & Howell from thinking clearly. :D

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Linux's Kernel might be very stable, but the applications running on top of it are significantly less stable than the average of those for the Windows platform. XFree86 and friends are just too easy to freeze, it's frustrating. This comes from a Microsoft hater, so it should tell you something. I've tried both, and still try Linux every now and then, but at least as a desktop platform, it doesn't hold a candle to Windows 2K or even less to Windows .Nut Server 2003. Sad but true.

e_dawg

Storage Freak
Agree 100% with CT. Even though I very much like W2k, I have always been open to Linux. Unfortunately, none of the various distros have ever worked properly on my system(s), especially in X. And if the darn thing doesn't even run 30 minutes without crashing, I don't care how good it is.

Onomatopoeic

LunarMist said:
I don't get it either. :roll: The drug looks more like Hershey Kisses than an effervescent citric or tartaric acid/sodium bicarbonate tablet.

Those are actually lil' penguins spilling into the cup of MS.

The significance of this illustration shows that Linux will somehow sweeten up yer Windoze experience. The green signifies envy. The highlighting around the cup signifies the struggle between the bourgeois and proletariat. The "hand-less" package floating in space denotes the growing lack of trust between the artist and his mother -- probably his stepmother.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Gary, do you have some sort of rotating schedule for your different personas? Or do you just randomly choose to be "i" one day, "splash" the next, and so forth ?

CK

LunarMist

Onomatopoeic said:
Those are actually lil' penguins spilling into the cup of MS.
Yuck! Have you ever spent time slogging through a Penguin colony? In the warmer areas of the peninsula, and especially the subantarctic islands in summer, the guano stench from the larger rookeries can be devastating.

Platform

CityK said:
Gary, do you have some sort of rotating schedule for your different personas? Or do you just randomly choose to be "i" one day, "splash" the next, and so forth?

"i" is someone else here, otherwise I am iGary.

As for the persona de heure, that's all a result of the 64 interrelated hexagrams from I Ching.

LunarMist said:
Yuck! Have you ever spent time slogging through a Penguin colony? In the warmer areas of the peninsula, and especially the subantarctic islands in summer, the guano stench from the larger rookeries can be devastating.

I've bee to a lot of places, but nevr Antarctica. However, I actually know several people who've been to Antarctica and some who regularly go to there. The penguin stories they tell are usually quite hilarious - especially about the (huge) Emperor Penguins. Then there are the freeze dried tens-of-thousands-of-years-old penguins that they can't touch in certain interior regions of the continent.

LunarMist

some Gary said:
I've bee to a lot of places, but nevr Antarctica.
There are plenty of other penguin species in more accessible, temperate zones, such as Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and South America. In March one can even swim with penguins in the reasonably warm waters off of Equador.