yeah, Hitachi serves us right.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I just got the replacement hard drive for my 1 year old 120gxp... Hitachi sent me a brand new Deskstar 180GXP IC35L090AVV207-0 (80gb) drive made in January.

It took them 10 days from the time they got the drive till the time I got the replacement... That's awesome cust service. I love it.

One thing I'm wondering about is that the model number reflects a 90gb drive, while the label says 80... did Hitachi change the model numbers around when they aquired the drives?

honold

Storage is cool
i'm glad i never rmad 2 defective 30gb 75gxps :)

let's see what i can pull down

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
wow, the 75gxp used 15gb platters... what did you have a 30-45gb drive? and returned it for something double the capacity? that seems like a decent deal to me.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
My last RMA (before this) was to IBM... i exchanged a 1 month old unit and got a refurb that had the same specs.

My two 2 year old 15gb 75gxp's both run well.. i need to figure out where I should use them now.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah...I need to find me some dead 75gxps that are still in warranty.... :roll: :idea: :excl:

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
wow, the 75gxp used 15gb platters... what did you have a 30-45gb drive? and returned it for something double the capacity? that seems like a decent deal to me.

They also made a 75Gb version... which it is possible Mercutio had as he does have lots of storage.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Yes, mine was a 75GB model.

I've gotten substantially better drives from RMA a couple of times, but IMO this was not one of them.

double bit CRC error

What is this storage?
Mercutio said:
Yes, mine was a 75GB model.

I've gotten substantially better drives from RMA a couple of times, but IMO this was not one of them.

wow, you're the only person i ever heard of who actually bought the 75GB version....