Something Random

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
You rely too much on technology. :) Thomas Bros map book does not run out of power. ;) There is a lot of construction lately, but that is the case everywhere at times. The signs have been posted for months and I believe there is a website as well.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Kids and Star Wars

Thanks for the input.

My wife and I have decided that Star Wars can wait a few years for him. He seems to be happy with Finding Nemo, Cars, Open Season, Flushed Away and other Pixar (and similar) kid movies. Also since our daughter is still under 2, it's not good for her to be seeing SW anyway.

The reason I raised SW specifically, is that with the release of the BR version, many dads are sitting down with their kids and watching it, not really thinking about the whole story line associated, nor the aspects of the action included. I can fully understand why not to show Ep2 and 3 to a young child, but as mentioned Ep4, 5 and 6 seem to be that very grey area.

Again thanks for the input.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm told I saw all the Star Wars movies on opening night, though I don't remember 1977 all that well. I do remember I saw all the rest that way, and I do remember going to a Star Wars revival showing in 1978 or 79. Those movies were highlights of my childhood.

A movie that I did not need to see when I was six years old was Raiders of the Lost Ark. But honestly, I slept through most of that movie and only woke up just before the face melting bit at the end, which may have had something to do with it.

Last edited:

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Nightmare on Elm St. 2 - I was 12
Time Rider (how I learned you could kill someone by garrote) - I was 8
A movie I don't remember the name of in which the first five minutes was implicitly and eventually explicitly about how suitable this guy's van was for shagging. -I was 8.

LunarMist

I'm told I saw all the Star Wars movies on opening night, though I don't remember 1977 all that well. I do remember I saw all the rest that way, and I do remember going to a Star Wars revival showing in 1978 or 79. Those movies were highlights of my childhood.

A movie that I did not need to see when I was six years old was Raiders of the Lost Ark. But honestly, I slept through most of that movie and only woke up just before the face melting bit at the end, which may have had something to do with it.

Was that in Hollywood? The lines were around the block at some point IIRC, but it may have taken a while.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
When I was a kid in the 1950's, we would go to the movies almost every Saturday. 99% of the movies we saw were the sci-fi of the time.
Scary stuff back then.

LunarMist

What is wrong is not in doubt, but the cause is uncertain. The possible treatments vary from being quite dangerous to some real crackpot ideas. All those pizzas did not help. :hurl:

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
What is wrong is not in doubt, but the cause is uncertain. The possible treatments vary from being quite dangerous to some real crackpot ideas. All those pizzas did not help. :hurl:

I still don't understand why you ate pizza for a whole month when you're in poor health already.

LunarMist

Traveling to MD and NH this weekend. Weather does not look so good. I smell delays and cancellations.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Walked into a Dick Smith store today to buy same canned air (to clean out my wife's laptop, mainly the HSF), and apparently the store (and most DSE stores) no longer stock it! They recommended I go to Jaycar?

** Dick Smith is similar to the old Tandy/Radio Shack stores here in Australia.

LunarMist

We still have the RadioShack stores. Most drug stores or supermarkets carry Dust-off or similar cans of the fluorocarbons here. A computer store like Microcenter has racks of them.

LunarMist

We still have the RadioShack stores. Most drug stores or supermarkets carry Dust-off or similar cans of the fluorocarbons here. A computer store like Microcenter has racks of them. :spiderman: