Something Random

ddrueding

Fixture
If you start a sentence with "He didn't even, fuckin, um...." you can just stop there. I assure you that whatever you were about to say had no value.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Aging isn't cool. The middle finger of my left hand is starting to show signs of a trigger finger. I wish it was a joke. It's annoying. I keep stretching it, but the feeling never goes.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Aging isn't cool. The middle finger of my left hand is starting to show signs of a trigger finger. I wish it was a joke. It's annoying. I keep stretching it, but the feeling never goes.

Have you had steriods yet? The next step is surgery.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Starting signs of carpal tunnel syndrome? Count yourself lucky that it took until well into middle age before this happened. I started in my mid 20s. By the time I was about 30 it was so bad I could no longer work full-time. It only got worse after that. It seems to have plateaued for the last few years, but at a very high level. My hands go numb about 15 minutes into a bike ride. By the time an hour rolls around I don't have enough strength to squeeze the brake lever by more than a hair. Some days when I wake up I have no feeling at all and my hands are virtually paralyzed for up to an hour. Once I'm up a while things get better, but occupationally I can rarely do anything productive for more than a few hours at a time. Unfortunately CTS is one of those things which runs in the family. My mother went out on permanent disability when she was in her mid 40s. Both her and my sister had carpal tunnel release operations but they didn't do much good. Anyway, I hope for your sake it doesn't get much worse. This is one of those things which while it won't kill you, it makes your life miserable.

LunarMist

No, it's not the same as carpal tunnel. I had the trigger finger briefly. Fortunately it responded to non-surgical treatment.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
I just received my copy of this and when I looked at the CD-Key it was too small to read. Two lines of text a total of 3mm high. Length about 14mm. And 2/3 of the key was black printing on a blue background? WTF. I had to use a camera and take a zoomed in pic of the key.

It's a plot to force people to upgrade to Win8 so they can read their gdam key! LOL.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
50 Shades and the Twilight novels both have supremely vacant protagonists. The best theory I have about this is that the utterly generic non-persons at the center of the narrative can be a stand-in for the widest possible range of people in need of fantasy fulfillment. I managed to read about 70 pages of 50 Shades (which took about 20 minutes - the book is written on about a 4th grade level) after the eighth or ninth woman asked me if I could "find" it for them.

For the poor SOBs who will no doubt be dragged to the movie version with the idea that at least there will be some boobs in it, apparently it's going to be nudity-free.

Stereodude

Not really a
So I have a pair of headphones I really like. I thought they offered great performance for the price. They're a pair of AKG K540 headphones that I picked up from a seller on ebay around a year ago for just under $80 new in box. I was turned on to this model by a coworker who had a pair. I liked the first pair I bought enough that I wanted buy another pair to leave connected to another PC. So after waiting for a while for the right deal I bought another pair new in box on ebay for $80.

They came yesterday and they don't sound like the first pair. The most recently purchased pair sounds noticeably different from the first pair and they sound worse with a sonic signature I find unpleasant. I picked this up pretty quickly without even an A/B comparison. A subsequent A/B comparison proved I was definitely right. FWIW, both were sealed in the box when I got them. I also have two coworkers who each have a pair of the same headphone. Now I haven't done a direct comparison of all 4 pairs we have between us at one time, but I have heard all of them and going from my auditory memory my most recently purchased pair is the outlier of the set and the other three are very similar.

I'm not really sure what to do. I bought them from an individual, not a store. I guess I could complain to AKG. For now I've got the newest set "burning in" even though I don't really believe in that sort of thing. I'll see what 100 hours of high SPL playback does for them. Grrr.... :cursin:

Mercutio

timwhit, the Chicago Symphony, Symphony Chorale and Children's Chorus will be performing the full score to "Return of the King" on August 7th and 8th. It's $25/ticket + another $10 to park, though the tickets are not available for sale yet. This is your first warning. :)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
^ Nahh. They are on an island. There is proof.

Yep. And here it is....

island.jpg

Mercutio

As it turns out, "Chet Manhammer" is not considered a funny name for an internal reporting e-mail address even if only two people could potentially see it and one of them does not have a sense of humor.

LunarMist

As it turns out, "Chet Manhammer" is not considered a funny name for an internal reporting e-mail address even if only two people could potentially see it and one of them does not have a sense of humor.

Who?

LunarMist

I understand it is the facebalm, but why? Is there a joke about the time warp to 1965?