Recent content by Gödel

  1. Gödel

    Windows 11

    Paraphrasing the Florida Man, inertia. I'm still getting security and other updates, and with my Ubuntu Pro "livepatching", they're most often installed automatically, without manual intervention. It's pretty neat when a whole new kernel is installed "in the background", and there's no reboot...
  2. Gödel

    Oldest?

    I'm 75 years old. Is anyone older than that in these forums (fora?).
  3. Gödel

    Windows 11

    Me, too, on my Win Desktop. My main laptop is @ 11. And I'm still running Ubuntu 20.04 on my 2 newest desktop PCs. (Actually, they're desk-unders. ;) )
  4. Gödel

    I'm a Big Fan

    Thanks, @sdbardwick‼️ I just had the "opportunity" to get into that Gigabyte PC's BIOS after all these months, and I found and enabled that option.
  5. Gödel

    Something Random

    From the NY Times: Noël Godin, a Belgian entertainer and anarchist, hurled cream pies at politicians and executives, including Bill Gates. Godin died last month at 80.
  6. Gödel

    Something Random

    Breaking fake news: Donald Trump has issued a proclamation changing the name of Labor Day to Management Day. And another one changing the name of April 1 to Trump Day.
  7. Gödel

    I do want to buy a used car

    Just speculating, but it seems that pickups and SUVs are dominating these days. A pickup seems impractical to me/us, because the cargo is exposed to the elements ( ;) ), but mom-mobile SUVs might be worth considering, since many moms regularly want to trade theirs in for the latest model, and...
  8. Gödel

    Something Random

    Not mentioned in the title, but leading the jam, the inimitable Buddy Guy. And his polka dot Fender Stratocaster.
  9. Gödel

    Something Random

    Wry chuckle at your unintentional pun. May the current be with you soon.
  10. Gödel

    Something Random

    I'm not religious, but I pray that things have improved for you and your area, Merc, and that further and significant improvement comes soon. And bless you for thinking of others in dire times. 🙏
  11. Gödel

    Something Random

    Fun story from the 2ⁿᵈ city, via NYC.
  12. Gödel

    Something Random

    I liked the progressive lenses better than bifocals, but after my surgery, no glasses needed except for "the fine print". I was "lucky" that I had hereditary cataracts, enabling my insurance to cover the operation, which included correction of my natural lenses.
  13. Gödel

    Something Random

    A few years back, mine eyes had regressed to the point where I had to wear progressive glasses all the time. Then I was diagnosed with cataracts, and ended up having cataract surgery. Now, I need the old glasses only occasionally, for real close vision. What a blessing! 🙏
  14. Gödel

    Something Random

    I saw that query and I thought he meant some database. But DB2 has writ large. whiteray@RyzenShine:~$ echo $RANDOM 17531
  15. Gödel

    Something Random

    Yeah, I refuse to buy a TV that's smarter than me. That lowers the bar significantly. ;)
Top