$300 Monitor

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
What can I get for ~$300 with decent quality for Photoshop? Size should be smaller rather than larger. Thanks.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
For Photoshop, you should be looking at the '90 series from NEC. I don't know if the cheapest of the series fits within 300$ though.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I know those monitors;), but I'm looking for something lower. It's part of the computer gift and I'll catch hell for going too far overboard.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I know those monitors;), but I'm looking for something lower. It's part of the computer gift and I'll catch hell for going too far overboard.

^ah, has the vetting finished yet? :p

So ur using us to make U look good? My usual internet consulting rate, in that case, has increased to $100/hr :D

Say dd, where did you find that link :p ? U did read my comment on how some reviews on that monitor were not so positive???

http://www.storageforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7785
^Maybe over here in Handy's thread???

What can I get for ~$300 with decent quality for Photoshop? Size should be smaller rather than larger. Thanks.

One man's pr0n, is another man's art...define "decent".

Suppose ur not going to tell us if the monitor is going to be used for anything else other than that rather vague "PS" use? I mean, for a highschool student, 'decent' PS for what color space, for what intended purposes can make a significant difference? IPS for best viewing angle, but you can still get a "pro" level LCD that costs much more that isn't even IPS panel.

Meh, I'll sit back and wait for the rest of the 1-2 sentence posts :D

NEC EA231WMi...the new 23in 1080p just out, 16:9 aspect, Display Port for that MacBookPro ur also going to get (yes?) just a tad over $300, closer to $400..that 2 much? :p <do U need a 4-way swivel stand, does it have to do well on games and video/movies via DVD or Blu-ray players, various inputs besides computer?

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-hp-lp2475w.html

^see this site link for other monitor reviews/recommendations---it's pretty good, though english translations are a bit spotty, "very good" probably best bet for ratings...meh, I'm not going to read through all of them, U can do that :p.