3TB hard drive from Seagate

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
I'm using a 500GB here at home. It has about 250GB of data on it including a little bit of just about everything. So I guess that puts me in the superstar class with Howell. Or is it the lightweight class? :)

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
My home server is hitting 5.2TB, about 4.3TB is movies bluray and DVD. Rest is music, pictures, programs, desktop backups and other files. I'm using duplication on some select folders for a grand total of 11.4TB in use. For the super important stuff I only have a 400g USB drive I back up to monthly or so and that's missing quite a bit so I have been thinking about replacing that drive and 3TB would be quite nice. Doesn't look like this is the drive though as my use pattern would kill it according to that review.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
My data - stuff I really need to care about (legal, finance, etc.) is 3.4 GB. Other stuff I'd like to have is 6.5 GB. Downloads are 28 GB. All this is spread out on 3 drives (1 GB + 2 x 320 GB), replicated on to another drive out of the 3, so if a drive dies, I'm not SOL.

LostSpace

What is this storage?
I got a 1TB External from Seagate last December. Already had to get it replaced on warranty. It had started to click very loudly, and was barely working (took me days to get off all my files that needed saving). Luckily, I got all my files off, and I sent it back to Seagate and they sent me a replacement. Just hoping the replacement lasts longer, I have hard drives that are years old that still work flawlessly and this one wasn't even a year old.

LostSpace

What is this storage?
Yeah, it may have gotten too hot. I have limited desk space so a lot of my stuff is a little too close. Keeping the replacement in as open an area as possible.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I want the chassis, not the whole device.

Some day it will be nice to not need four huge rackmount machines to get a paltry 64TB of storage.