Ace's Hardware reviews Granite Bay chipset.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Read it.

The verdict : 32bit PC1066 RDRAM is still faster, but not by much. Unless you need a lot of RAM (more than 512MB), the Asus P4T533 is a better value. If only Rambus wasn't so evil, I might consider buying their stuff. If only they could go bankrupt and be bought by another company with better ethics...

But in term of value, both the i845PE and SiS648 beat the i850E (and Granite Bay) hand down.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I thought everyone already knew that the current RDRAM was faster than the current DDR SDRAM....

The difference in price however, far exceed the performance benefits making RDRAM a thing that only people with fat wallets should consider.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
blakerwry said:
I thought everyone already knew that the current RDRAM was faster than the current DDR SDRAM....

That is what The Grammar Police was saying, he just found a word that few would understand instead of using normal American English like you Blakewry.

The Grammar Police

Learning Storage Performance
I'm afraid not, Buck. I was making the point that, in talking about Rambus Inc, saying "another company with better ethics" is like talking about Vostock Base in Antarctica and saying "another place that is also warmer" or talking about Mt Everest and saying "another mountail that is shorter".

As for the performance, I have no opinion. If you and Coug say it's faster, I'll take your word for it, but it changes nothing. It doesn't matter if its faster or slower: I wouldn't buy RAM from those dishonest scoundrels if they were the last company on earth.