Aftermarket tower cooler and Asus Z8NA-D6

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Asus Z8NA-D6
Thermaltake Contac 29

The first is the motherboard, the second is the heatsink I plan to put above the CPU. The RAM I intend to use is 18.75mm high so it should fit below the heatsink. I've never assembled a system with this board before so I'm not absolutely sure. All six memory sockets will be occupied. I could also use the BXSTS100A default heatsink for LGA1366 Xeon, but I would like something better.

Worst thing that will happen is that I'll waste 35$ on the Thermaltake heatsink.

ddrueding

Fixture
Interesting combo. I think it will fit, but only with the fans blowing either towards or away from the backplate. What case did you have in mind?

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
Interesting MB. I didn't think that there were any dual socket 1366 MB's in the ATX form factor.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Would the P193 give you more air space and better cooling with the door vent? That system looks like it could generate a lot of heat.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
That system looks like it could generate a lot of heat.
For now, there will only be one 95W CPU used. Even with two and all six RAM slots filled, it will not dissipate that much heat. Add three or four hard drives for now (up to 6 in the future) and it still won't be that power-hungry. There will not be a powerful graphic card in the PCI-E slot. I should be ok with a modest 400W power supply, but I'll use a 850W because I have one in stock with a high efficiency rating.

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
No, because Gigabytes is in the CEB form factor while the Asus was an ATX form factor. That was what made Asus's "Special". There are a several dual socket MB's in server form factors from Tyan and SuperMicro plus some other companies out there. To my knowledge, Asus is the first to be able to get everything into ATX.