Anand of Anandtech calls it quits....

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
...for himself, not the site.

Anand's blog post here.

He really got started on the net when I did in the late 90s. Anand is one of the originals that set the standard for modern, high quality, PC hardware review sites.

Good luck to him on his future endeavors.

Stereodude

Not really a
:scratch: He sure doesn't look 32.

I'm glad to see the site will continue on. It tends to be my go to site for new HW reviews.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
I wonder if he sold his site or is just stepping down from playing an active role in it.

If he keeps ownership it should mostly stay the same as the other editors have been creating the majority of the content recently, but if he sold it...........well, I just hope it doesn't turn into another "Tom's Hardware" site.

Seems HardOCP is the only one of the "big three" "original" hardware sites still being run by the founder.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I am actually very surprised he didn't just sell the site much earlier. I expected it shortly after he finished college and it was obvious in the content of articles he published around then that several major players were obviously courting him to join their team. Then there was the tech boom where selling the site could have made some big money. In the past few years while still useful it has had lower value content especially his news site DailyTech.