Android phones: Tips, tricks?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I've installed 5.1 on my Moto G about two weeks ago, but since I don't nearly use my phone as extensively as you guys, I don't have much to report other than the speed has not been an issue since, compared to Kit Kat, despite what many others have warned me against Lolipoop.

It provides what I believe is the minimum level of protection worth having. Before this I went without a case and replaced the glass quarterly-ish. I also take advantage of the mount integrated into the back of the case in the car and on the bike. Cosmetics don't bother me, but I want to reduce the number of times I break the screen.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Website
s-laker.org
Damn this phone is huge and barely fits in my in my pants! I don't think there is much room for a case, but what is thin and light?
I put a simple back cover on mine.

The new Note was released and, like the GS6, it no longer has a proper battery or card reader. An amazing number of Slashdotters now seem to think that getting an external battery or battery case instead of having a battery you can just pop in and out is a good idea now.

The G4 is only a tiny bit taller and wider than my Galaxy S4 but it is somewhat thicker. I don't find the slight extra weight to be a problem.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a
It provides what I believe is the minimum level of protection worth having. Before this I went without a case and replaced the glass quarterly-ish. I also take advantage of the mount integrated into the back of the case in the car and on the bike. Cosmetics don't bother me, but I want to reduce the number of times I break the screen.
Damn, I guess the new phones are fragile. I'm not so thrilled with this phone so far. It's bent for some reason.

Yeah, I don't know anyone that puts their phone in a back pocket more than once. The curved back is supposed to fit in the pocket and the hand better than otherwise. Of course, the downside is that it won't sit flat on a table while you use the interface.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
It's only a 5.5" screen. Mine is 6.3" and uses an otter case.

Don't currently see a reason to get a smaller phone.
Don't carry it around the house like a normal phone.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a
The screen side is slightly curved as well. If you put a G4 face side down on a table, the edges touch but the glass doesn't.
I got a Caseology for it. Now I see there is a memory card slot on top of the SIM card. I found an unopened 32GB BSD card, but of a slovenly type (~15MB/sec. write-45MB/sec. read).
Is that good enough? From what I read the phone does not allow anything important to be written to the card anyway.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a
It's only a 5.5" screen. Mine is 6.3" and uses an otter case.

Don't currently see a reason to get a smaller phone.
Don't carry it around the house like a normal phone.
I have 9 cordless phones with speakers, so there is no point in using any of my cell phones at home. :)
The LG does just fit decently in the pants pocket and is OK for walking, sitting, driving, etc. Anything larger would really be too much.
The case I received is reasonably protective for the size. It is not an issue if the phone breaks. I don't particularly have any attachment to it.
I probably should have purchased an S5 a year ago.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Music?
I got a Caseology for it. Now I see there is a memory card slot on top of the SIM card. I found an unopened 32GB BSD card, but of a slovenly type (~15MB/sec. write-45MB/sec. read).
Is that good enough? From what I read the phone does not allow anything important to be written to the card anyway.