Another Antec case version, by Thermaltake

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Thermaltake joined the wagon too. Actually, I find their aluminum case version (Xaser II 6000 Plus) to be quite decent at first look (not talking about the "look" of the front anel, but the "look" of the features it has). You can see their designs right here.

I also saw aluminum Antec enclosures under the Aspire name, but they came with an unknown 420W PSU suspected to be the same as the Antec single-fan PP-412X (which is a 400W PSU in fact). I can buy the Thermaltake aluminum flavor without any PSU for 225$CDN (roughly 140U$), but with 5 silent 80mm fans (hopefully not as prone to fail as some of the old Thermaltake fans). The good side of not having a PSU is that I can choose one and be sure that it's not crap, although it costs quite a bit more to buy a PSU separately rather than in bundle with the enclosure.

As the noise of my three towers at home is taxing me more and more, I admit that I'm tempted to make my little credit card work once more.

On a side note, Antec has launched a new PSU line (Solution Serie) and they have replaced their old PC Power Supplies serie. I found this when I opened a SX635 case I ordered last week. Usually, this case comes with an Antec PP-352X PSU, but now it's a SL350 instead. (quick visit to Antec's web site) They also have a revamped (I don't see what's new though) Performance II serie. The only thing that seems to have changed between the Performance and Performance II serie is the PSU bundled with the enclosure. Too bad Antec doesn't sell an aluminum version of their Performance serie...