Apple wins Oscar/best picture :D

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Chock up yet another win for the Mac. Proving once again, that *real* pros use a Mac...and people with too much time on their hands, and no knowledge any better- like tea, use M$ products like Vista, lol.

Final Cut Pro and the making of 'No Country for Old Men'

http://www.macworld.com/article/132277/2008/02/coen.html

...It’s hugely faster,” said Ethan Coen.
Personally, I thought Fargo was one of the poorest Oscar winners ever (American Beauty beats that though), so I won't be renting the current winner either.

ddrueding

Fixture
Why is it that Mac owners are so fanatical? It has this tinge of desperation; like they are afraid if they don't convert one more user this week the ridiculous prices they paid for their hardware won't be justified even in their own minds...

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Chock up yet another win for the Mac. Proving once again, that *real* pros use a Mac...and people with too much time on their hands, and no knowledge any better- like tea, use M$ products like Vista, lol.

Final Cut Pro and the making of 'No Country for Old Men'

http://www.macworld.com/article/132277/2008/02/coen.html

Personally, I thought Fargo was one of the poorest Oscar winners ever (American Beauty beats that though), so I won't be renting the current winner either.

..."Hugely faster"...

Absolute crap. Macs now use commodity Intel hardware, so everything else being equal, software will run at the same speed on equal hardware. I'd be checking for shady optimisations, vested interests or FUD. Honestly Udaman, apply a little critical thinking.

BTW, the fastest Intel hardware isn't in the Apple world.

IMO Titanic was the poorest Oscar winner, and I thought Fargo was better than American Beauty, though not by much. The 'Globes are a much better indicator of quality movies than the Oscars.