Articles

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Website
s-laker.org
I've been HTML-izing some handy things that can be found on the articles section of this web site.

At the moment, the articles that someone might want to pass around are:

I plan to expand this list with other information, with a focus on home-level computer security and advice about computer hardware in general. I'm going to write up detailed notes for how to use each of the various programs I list in my Anti-Malware guide, for example.

I've found myself posting this same information in a number of online forums because people seem to be asking questions about these issues every single day.

Last edited:

paugie

Storage is cool
yeah, very timely.
the organization which looks to me for tech support has its network crawling with viruses and malware. now it seems I can look as if I know what I'm doing.
thanks much.

paugie

Storage is cool
I just have to express my appreciation for the very well written (easy to follow) article on malware removal. I have used it to clean up 4 PCs. Beats reformatting any time. (oops did I just admit to that?)

And that advert article, great, too!

eh, I have been using Avast for more than a year now (my original free licences have already expired). But I'd like a recommendation for a good free (cheapskate me) firewall. I use Commodo now but I have no idea if it is effective or not. How does one know?