AV Software that allows port opening?

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Sorry, I can't remember. I remember looking, and I remember going away without finding anything worth remembering even for five minutes, but I don't remember anything else. I seem to have a sort of mental Marie Celeste mystery just at that spot.

Ask me again on Monday.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I was hoping, considering the topic, that she would say vintage port...

ddrueding

Fixture
You guys know that Microsoft made Security Essentials free for all their client OSes, right?

Just an update, been running this on my own machines and some (cheap) clients, and it actually found something! It was able to detect and clean a real virus!

No complaints, really.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Yeah. The guy with the slow-disk server in my thread in tech support had a Symantec Corporate AV server that apparently stopped doing updates 16 months ago. I'm probably going to put his clients on Security Essentials instead.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
A web proxy for internet explorer or chrome or whatever. Windows update works through it. But Security Essentials can't seem to update through it. So you have to rely on windows updates to get definition updates. The admin can probably open up something to fix this. It might just be blocked through my proxy. But I researched it and others were complaining that it didn't work for them either.