Backup utility

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Found a Free backup utility, Macrium Reflect

The interesting thing about this backup program is you can open the backup files in Windows Explorer and extract any files and folders you need.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Forgot to mention that the business edition is Free too, for a short time.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
For a short period of time like for a 30 days trial? I don't find the business edition. There's the full edition at 39.99$ that you can try for 30 days, but I haven't sen the free business edition.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Well I tried it and it works fine, thanks for bringing it to my attention. It's not as user-friendly as Acronis True Image, but for computers without a Western Digital or Seagate hard drive, it's a good alternative. The Linux rescue CD works well with NTFS partition, so you don't have to go the complicated road and put a plugin into a BartPE iso. Plus, unlike Acronis TI, you don't have to reboot the computer following the installation.

Thanks, elder clown.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
You mean it does not work with WD and Seagate drives?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
You get a free Acronis True Image with both Seagate drives and Western Digital. Seagate calls it DiskWizard. Western Digital calls it True Image, WD Edition. You can't use them in a system deprived of a Seagate or Western Digital drive, like a lot of laptops are. But you can use Macrilium Reflect on any computer, whatever's the hard drive.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Since when? Is it on the disc in the retail package?

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
Yup, in retail boxes.
The last Seagate version I used only needed a Seagate drive to be present for the install; after that it worked fine without a Seagate drive present.