Best Ingredient for Single Topping Pizza

Best topping for a One-Topping Pizza

• Total voters

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I went to 3 of the pizza places in that link above...err, I'm not sure which link above they are mentioned in, cause some dumbarse put up a pointless "link" , and 'forgot' <snicker> to title their link :D

So far not impressed, tasteless crusts on all, have a few pictures of one rip-off hyped restaurant.

Been tasting some of the free samples of pizza they pass out @some TJ's, and think they are actually better in some regards to the fresh made versions in pizza joints.

I think Merc should just get in the car and drive to the local/distant TJ's and buy a week's worth of both the frozen (many imported from Italy) and fresh/refrigerated pizzas, buy some extra fresh ingredients while there, and then spend a week or two tasting, experimenting...working on technique for optimizing them baked in his own oven. All that takes time and much experimentation, but the results are worth it IMHO.

There's a wild mushroom and black truffle flatbread thingy @TJ's I'm going to try next $4.69 for the medium sized pie. TJ's Pesto pizza @same price is pretty good, if baked with correct technique...just need to ad your fav ingredients to make it better.

Bought a $2 TAP card from the MTA, will attempt to use the $5 day pass, and visit 3 or more places today...no high hopes. Will attempt to take a few pictures, but no gaurantees.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I've been awake since about 5:45AM yesterday morning...so about 20hrs straight, with no caffeine or other stimulants, thought I have a guess that in <1hr, I'll crash from exhaustion.

Another wasted day of my life...and I only ate one friggin pizza (seeing how I'm trying...but not successful yet, to lose a lot of weight) today. After doing to minor errands, a day turned into another episode from the Twilight Zone. I just got home about a hour ago, after walking over a mile with about 20lbs of shopping items, nearly missing the last bus of the night...and what a night.

Yah, I suppose I should have taken a picture and posted, but seeing how the last bites of the 1/2 of 'small' pizza were just reheated in the oven (to no avail, as I could not improve upon a poor product, the crust was just too 'saggy' :p) are now just lingering in my mouth...no pictures! heck I was just too disappointed with that :(.

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-pizzawars25-2009mar25,0,1748919.story

Had them add some goat cheese, which definitely helped temper the massively salt anchovies. Saltiest anchovies on any pizza I've ever had...at least the capers were bland and fairly low-salt tasting.

http://www.bollinispizzeria.com/menu.html

"The Sardinia"

The crust is too thin and too dense, not chewy and light. not much flavor.

Los Angeles', and surrounding municipalities', public transportation systems must be among the worst in the world. How could I have achieved so few of my morning goals, and wasted nearly 24hrs of an entire day??

Using a car, I could have done that and more in just 1/2day, for only slightly higher costs (and fantastic time savings...which has *infinitely* more value than pure monetary measurers)...not counting auto insurance :D

Time to sleep

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have invented a new vaguely pizza like food. I use a little flour tortilla, some chopped spinach, raw onions, jalepenos, some hummus and pine nuts.

I think there's maybe 175 calories in one and it's fairly flavorful.

ddrueding

Fixture
That actually sounds really good. I assume you dice the onion fairly fine? I would likely find a substitute for the jalepenos, as those disagree with me on several intervals.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Merc's recipe sounds tasty and is low / no fat (only the tortilla contributing, if any). Cheese would add calcium and protein, but fat as well. He is getting protein from the hummus anyway.