Best movie you've seen

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
We watched 'Spender in the Grass' ( circa 1961 ). Good movie but you need to understand the morals of the 1920s.

ddrueding

Fixture
We did the "Support your local Sheriff/Gunfighter" double feature last night. Not James Garner's best work, but a decent cast and some mild laughs.

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
We did the "Support your local Sheriff/Gunfighter" double feature last night. Not James Garner's best work, but a decent cast and some mild laughs.

The Americanization of Emily - I strongly recommend it as his best. It rarely shows up on TV, so when it does ...

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I saw Wait Until Dark (1967) the other night. I thought is was clever for a short-con plot even though we've seen the plot many times before. I majority of the movie takes place in one room.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The write speeds are very slow. I wonder if they switched to X3 flash? :(

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Nope, I think it's because they now often use gel ink instead of the former more liquid kind.

Oh, you mean the hard drive? Sorry, it was too obvious what you were talking about.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I liked Conan. Enough nudity, sex, and voluptuous and firm women to keep me in the story line. Conan was one of my favorite characters. A little morality, honor, treated women well, well MOST women, and lots of killing bad guys.

The new movie did enough of that to be acceptable.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2:

Well worth seeing. Hint: Socrates Philosopher King...

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Watched Green Lantern the other day. Just OK. Glad I didn't pay cinema prices for it though. I thought they could have chosen a better story arc than Parallax though.

The wife just got back from seeing Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 - can the title be even more ridiculous? She went with a GF and her comment was "Bad. Really bad."

LunarMist

:oops: Yes, that's it. IMDB rating is 4.7, also a sign that it is crap.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Saw "The Immortals" this eveving between two dump. Much better than the latest Conan, but bof... About as good as "Clash of the Titans", or a little bit better. Far from "300".

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Er, that's Peter Graves in the picture.

I found that the Airplane movies were considerably funnier after having watched several of the Airport movies.

Damn, that's pretty bad of me.

Anyone seen The Big Bus?

LunarMist

Eons ago. I don't remember it much but shoulders' (John Beck) name.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
With nothing better to do since my VM conversion was heading in to its 36th hour, I went to an 11AM showing of The Muppets today. Know what? It was a good movie, with real laughs and some good songs courtesy of Jerome Clement, the dark haired half of "Flight of the Conchords." It would have been very easy for the production to fall in to treacly tropes, but it's self aware enough to avoid that.

Not only that, but there was a great "Toy Story" short in front of the movie that's probably worth the price of a ticket on its own.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Now that John Lasseter is CCO at Disney, all of their "family" films should lead off with a short of some kind.

LunarMist

I haven't seen any Disney-branded films in decades. I know they own some other companies that produce and distribute the more normal films.

Mercutio

Honestly, if you aren't at least watching the Pixar Studios movies, you're really missing out on some special films. Except the Cars movies. Those blow goats.

But if you go look at the Toy Story movies, Finding Nemo, Up, the Incredibles, Ratatouille, Monsters Inc et al. on Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB, you'll see what I mean.

LunarMist

I may have seen some Pixars on the planes. Are any of them up to R ratings?

Mercutio

Wall-E was excellent, especially for being so ambitious as to have a nonverbal main character and very little dialog in the first half of the movie.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I enjoyed both 50/50 and Take Shelter. 50/50 is pretty straightforward but to quote a reviewer of TS, Its a good movie if it can get you rooting for the end of the world over the ruin of a single man.

Mercutio

The Incredibles and The Iron Giant are both awesome films. I respect the hell out of Brad Bird. But I'll be damned if I give Tom Cruise any money.

The new Sherlock Holmes movie was entertaining though. I saw it this afternoon.

ddrueding

Fixture
The Incredibles and The Iron Giant are both awesome films. I respect the hell out of Brad Bird. But I'll be damned if I give Tom Cruise any money.
Those were my thoughts as well, though not with that degree of conviction.

The new Sherlock Holmes movie was entertaining though. I saw it this afternoon.
I enjoyed the first one as well.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Has anyone seen The Artist?

I'm afraid that it might leave the one artsy theater nearby before I get around to seeing it.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Sort of watched Trpoic Thunder last night. Was Tom acting or just being himself?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
The Killer. More shot guys then any other movie. Worth a look.

The Devils Double is fair to good.

Enjoyed Lincoln Lawyer.

Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn worth a look for Disney, doing a cross between 3d and 2d.

ddrueding

Fixture
The Killer. More shot guys then any other movie. Worth a look.

Yup. John Woo is awesome. I remember that from my first apartment and the psycho guy down the hall who was all about gore. Strangely enough, he was studying to be a trauma surgeon and dropped it to go into IT.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I enjoy Catwoman, even though it got murdered by critics. I love cats, at least mine, wouldn't kick H. Berry out of bed, and loved the Catwoman character in Marvel comics.

Clearly prejudiced for the movie.