Beverages

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Blasphemy! Nothing is better than red wine, be it a classic Bordeaux or California Cabernet. :D

LunarMist

Somebody odered an Orange wine when we were in the city last week. Just horrible. Where is that puke-r icon? :lol:

LunarMist

That looks ok, but the one we tried was from one of those former soviet bloc states.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Picked up a 6pack of Scape Goat Pear Cider a few days ago, (normally buy Koppaberg Hard Pear Cider) to try out...

The Pros: No preservatives. (I have mild intolerance to common preservatives (E220) used in wines/ciders). Decent but not overly sweet taste.
The Cons: Very wine like in texture... A quite soft texture, especially compared to either the Koppaberg Hard or Mercury ciders.

LunarMist

I had no idea that a clear liquid has a texture. Do you mean there are suspended particles?

LunarMist

That's way beyond my pay grade. Many years ago I was peripherally involved in a project with an artificial tongue. I think it had 6-8 dimensions, though I don't know if that included the "texture."

LunarMist

Never heard of bees making anything. Is this new or in ancient civilization?

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
IIRC, humans have been adding honey to booze for several thousand years now. (Pottery from Europe dated back to ~2500BC have traces of Mead w/honey used as the sugar have been found. Samples from China date from over 7000BC - IIRC this was a rice wine with honey).

LunarMist

Thanks. I was not familiar with the relationship between the honey and the mead. I thought that meads were popular in ancient times and basically died out after distilled spirits became popular in the late middle ages, but I may have been thinking of something else.

LunarMist

Why does one need to be over 21 to visit the website? The alcohol is not flowing through the coax cable to the visitor. :rolleyes: