Bluetooth

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I plan to buy a Bluetooth mouth for the laptop to free up a USB port. How well do they work, and which are the better models? I'm not seeking fancy features, just basic functionality and a small size. Do they require drivers? Thank you.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I plan to buy a Bluetooth mouth for the laptop to free up a USB port. How well do they work, and which are the better models? I'm not seeking fancy features, just basic functionality and a small size. Do they require drivers? Thank you.

Well Tea seems to have the biggest *mouth*, why don't you ask her, or maybe Tannin will :).

Is that for a laptop that is primarily used at a desk, or more so for traveling; cause for travel you might want a smaller one (then again, anyone who has no trouble wielding around a monster big Canon 1D series camera shouldn't find any BT mouse to be particularly small ;) ), with fewer batteries?

edit: spelling error of my own :p

LunarMist

One could consider the error to be a Freudian slip.

Nevertheless, a BT mouse is not a critical item, so it would go in the checked luggage. I carry this mouse for general use. Mice don't get much smaller, and it works well. ;)

LunarMist

Now I'm back on the same boat of needing the Blue Tooth mobile mouse, but the choices look worse or no better. I even see some of the 10 year old ones for ridiculous prices.
Have any of you used the BT mice for laptops lately?

LunarMist

I'm interested in the glass function as some hotels have that.
I have a basic Logitech BT that works ok, but is quite flat and feels cheap. I wish it were more like the 325.

LunarMist

I don't know what the extra features of the S are. The MX 2 mouse works fine, but the design is weird. Pushing in the scrolling wheel alternately engages and disengages the clicking of the wheel rather than being a center click. That is done with a button behind the wheel. I'm not sure if this is a new thing for mice in general, but the freewheeling mode (spins up to 8 seconds) is not so useful for me. The mouse feet are quite large and would not easily be replaced. We'll see how they hold up on the random hotel surfaces in developing countries. It also has a USB transceiver, but there is no place to store it in the mouse. I'd probably lose it after a while.