Boxes of parts and the elusive "known good"

ddrueding

Fixture
I'm sure quite a few of you have boxes of comupter parts lying around; either pulled from customer's machines, personal upgrades, or whimsical buys still sitting in their packaging. I have a 10'x10' spare bedroom that I can no longer navigate. I think it's time to start cleaning. I've already disposed of everything that isn't P3/Athlon or better. Also 'nixed everything that wasn't ATX, all Hard Drives under 6GB and all RAM under 64MB.

The problem is: How do you go about identifying what is good and what isn't? Does anyone have a good strategy for this? Or should I simply put the whole room on E-Bay "as is"?

Jimshady

What is this storage?
I've had the same problem. You got to ask yourself, what' more valueable to you, all that junk, or the space it occupies. I was holding all this stuff until about a month ago when I was like, damn, if a computer is not a 2.4Ghz or more, I want nothing to do with it. So I turfed all my junk that I wasn't going to use in the immediate future.

Sell as is, grouped by part type. "Heap-o-ram" etc

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Send it to schools or social organisms. Many of them use old computer stuff to allow poor people to do basic computer tasks.