Cellular Booster

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I need a booster for a remote area where less than 10 employees are working. 3G signal should be enough. They'll get LTE when they'll come back to urban area.

The nearest cellular towers are 37Km and 39Km away, within a 20¤ radius. I've found this kit that I think might do :
http://unidencellular.ca/uniden-u60-cellular-booster-kit-u60cak.html

Anyone has knowledge to share on the subject?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The steel mill where most of my students work uses Surecall hardware. They originally tried just getting Verizon boosters but enough people in the plant have other carriers that they had to move to something multiplatform.

ddrueding

Fixture
I've had really good luck with equipment from a company now called. WeBoost They used to be known by another name that I can't remember at the moment. I've used many levels of their product between the car and full-building modes. Takes time to set up correctly and possibly some infrastructure wiring.

I've even cheated and used one of their largest boosters configured to that the "source" antenna was pointed directly at a Verizon internet-connected pico cell. Not sure Verizon or the FCC would like that...

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I wasn't sure if WeBoost products were good or not. At least one product endorsement is better than no feedback at all.

I was hoping to find a good solution for less than 500$ though.

ddrueding

Fixture
It really depends on the size of the area you need to cover, and whether the source antenna can be reached using reasonable effort.

I have their large system driving a pair of giant outdoor panel antennas and providing coverage to an acre or so including warehouses.

ddrueding

Fixture
Even their smaller units would do that pretty easily. The main question then is how much antenna you'll need to use to acquire the source signal. On containers I typically bolt a 15' length of 2" schedule 80 pipe to the side and then mount the external antenna to the top of that. I bet the Home 4G would to the trick.