Controling three screens with one computer.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I know (in fact, I did it a few times) it's possible to control three displays with a PCI-E Nvidia card combined to the integrated graphics that come with either the GeForce 6100 or GeForce 6150-based motherboards.

What I haven't tried yet is to use an AGP or PCI-E graphic card with dual outputs and a PCI (not PCI-E) Nvdia card to control three monitors. Does their driver allow to do this? I ask because I have a customer who wants to use three monitors (with different pictures on each) and he has a VIA-based motherboard (P4M800 IIRC, I pitty him) and he doesn't want to invest too much.

I'm pretty confident that one PCI card + one AGP card with dual outputs would do the trick, but I never tried it before.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
You could always try the Matrox TripleHead to Go box (p.s. I hate it, it's a piece of poo, horrible blurry VGA with a limit of 1280*1024 when used with 3 screens, we have one at work). But it works with many vid cards.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It should work. I've done setups of three displays with three ATI 3d Rage cards (1 AGP, 2 PCI). Windows could handle that just fine.

ddrueding

Fixture
They work fine. I have even gone farther, with 2x PCIe cards and a PCI card. So long as they all have the same chip manufacturer you are fine. I currently have a 7950GT on order to replace my X1600 Pro, just so I can use the onboard 6150 video as well.

ddrueding

Fixture
I received and installed my 7950GT, and when used in conjunction with my onboard 6150 graphics, I'm having serious system freezes. LCDs 1 and 2 are connected to the 7950 via DVI, and Projector 1 is connected to the onboard. Anything that happens on LCD1 or Projector1 work just fine, but most times I try to do something on LCD2 it locks the system for 15-45 seconds before releasing control. This could be as simple as dragging a window over or changing e-mails in outlook.

I've tried the latest stable and beta drives without success.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Did you disabled your antivirus when you installed the drivers? I've had a few frustrating experiences (and ruined enclosures) because of this.