Cool beyond words

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's Quicktime, which is of course one of the pillars of evil in the universe, but DAMN is this cool.

I love comic books. It's amazing to see Batman portrayed so faithfully.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
That was an interesting little piece of film, Merc. Thanks for sharing the link.

BTW, here is a short film I'd like to share:

[mod: Link Removed by Request]

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
That was sweet! How did they do that? It looked like some Max Payne footage at the very beginning? Is that footage from Predator vs. Alien in there too or is it all unique?

Great stuff Merc!

C

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Groltz said:
That was an interesting little piece of film, Merc. Thanks for sharing the link.

BTW, here is a short film I'd like to share:

[mod: Link removed by user request]

Ain't it the truth? :)

Mercutio

Clocker said:
That was sweet! How did they do that? It looked like some Max Payne footage at the very beginning? Is that footage from Predator vs. Alien in there too or is it all unique?

Great stuff Merc!

C

It's all original footage. The costumes (even the aliens) were made by hand, by the director. The whole thing was shot for a budget of $30,000(!!!). Everything was done live, no CG, no models, no nothin'.

Like I said, cool beyond words.

Can somebody summarize Groltz's link for me now that I'm bandwidth impaired again?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Actually it looks like that link has died. Perhaps my posting of it in this forum caused the site's webmaster undue stress. Could one of the mods REMOVE the link please?

Neverfear, I have a local copy for us. PM me for download info.

Mercutio

Why not?

Batman has met both the Aliens and Predators in his comics (both of the latter are licensed to Dark Horse comics for the purpose of book and comic adaptations), so it's not out of line.

The guy who made the movie basically wanted to show off his talents as a director. That's a pretty complex shot, and there's no CG or anything. It's all live action.

Speaking of comics, I recently picked up two series of Police-themed comics I postively adored: Powers (think a noir-style Dragnet where the victims of crimes are super-heroes) and Top Ten(Hill Street Blues or Homocide, but everyone has superpowers). Both were really top-notch.

Mercutio

CougTek said:
Mercutio said:
Speaking of comics, I recently picked up two series of Police-themed comics I postively adored: Powers ...
From the page linked :
Reading level: Ages 9-12
Guess I'll pass. :roll:

I strongly suspect that's a result of some bias against comics on the part of somebody who doesn't know any better. Powers, in particular, is something I wouldn't want a nine-year-old picking up. Ever seen Se7en? That's about the level of violence, sexuality and gore we're talking about.

A major theme in "Top Ten" is the sexual availability of sidekicks and teen heros (e.g. What Batman and Robin are really doing). One of the characters is an intelligent dog with a human girlfriend.

"Comics for grown ups" are a real thing now. Not everything is written for 12 year olds. There are some tremendously literate, compelling books out there that y'all aren't looking at because someone took the time to fully illustrate them.

I'd be more than happy to go into detail, if I thought anyone actually cared, but just to mention: "From Hell" and "Ghost World" are very good movies. The comic versions are quite a bit better (particularly "From Hell").

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
Reading level: Ages 9-12
Guess I'll pass. :roll:

I strongly suspect that's a result of some bias against comics on the part of somebody who doesn't know any better.[/quote]

To summerize, that's a rating on the complexity of the words used not their content. If Coug can't read on the level of a 9 year-old, I should re-think my common prose. :p

Drakantus

What is this storage?
The video is cool, but I can't get the high quality download to play, only the "regular". It downloads with a .mpg.mpeg extension, and it won't play with quicktime or media player or winamp on my computer.