Cool Case

Handruin

Administrator
Wow...they're reaching for new ideas on that one. Definitely interesting to see. You won't see many people sporting one of those at that price.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
That's hideous.
I agree 100%. I first saw those on Newegg. My first impression was that they reminded me of the squirrel cage blower housing on an HVAC system. Yes, it's different, and awful at the same time. :eekers: :frowner: Thank goodness for the high price or they would probably be the latest trendy thing. :hurl:

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
To be trendy it would have to have a window and neon lights :lol:

Bozo :mrgrn:

ddrueding

Fixture
Not hideous, just really, really unique. It would be hideous in 99% of installations, but I can think of at least one where it would fit in pretty well. The problem is that different is so rare in the computer business that everyone jumps on the same "different" idea until it's no londer different or unique, then it's just ugly. Of course the designer hopes to sell millions of the things so they can make money. What a dillemma.

This thing is also pretty big 64.5 cm tall and 57.4 cm deep. Hopefully that will shrink it's market.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
lian-li PR department said:
"20 anniversary memorial model"

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
ddrueding said:
Not hideous, just really, really unique. It would be hideous in 99% of installations, but I can think of at least one where it would fit in pretty well.

Yeah, they would look great next to the fume hoods. Maybe there is an explosion proof version. :D

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There's nothing wrong with the way standard PCs look. If I don't want to look at a PC, I put it somewhere I don't see it.

That thing, on the other hand, looks like a Japanese design guru went on a tequila and methamphetamine binge.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I agree that the thing is pretty stupid looking and the design is "reaching"....kind of looks like a number 6 candle for a birthday cake...anyways, like David, I do, however, also think that it would fit-in in some situations ... design firms or studios etc etc.. whatever....Lian Li hasn't done much of anything in the last several years anyways. Their time in the sun is over. Next.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
It's not "pretty stupid", it is totally and entirely and unambiguoisly stupid. What functional advantage does it have? (None whatsoever.) What aesthetic advantage does it have? None whatever. I can't believe that anyone would be so stupid as to design it, let alone buy one.

This makes blue LEDs on cars seem like a tasteful, intelligent touch.

Barrrffff on it: it could only help.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
CityK said:
I agree that the thing is pretty stupid looking and the design is "reaching"....kind of looks like a number 6 candle for a birthday cake...

Anything that looks like a snail is not getting a place beside my desk. I own a LL PC-60, but... Lord Farquad said it beast

LF: What's that? It's hideous.
Shrek: Well, that's not very nice.
[looks at case]
Shrek: It's just a PC.
LF: Indeed... Knights new plan. The one that trashes the case will be named Champion. Have at them!