Correct pronunciation of "Asus"

• ah-SUE-zz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ah-SUESS (like Dr. Suess)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've always pronounced "Asus" as aye-suss. Lately I've run into a number of people who pronounce it "ah-sue-zz" or "ah-suess".

Bonus points to anyone who can find a definitive pronunciation, but failing that, I'm starting a poll to see how y'all are saying it.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I say AYE-SUS but I understand that the correct pronunciation should rhyme with Dr Suess. ASUS is an abbreviation of Asustech and that is certainly the way you say Asustech - A-SEUSS-tech. I didn't vote because, out of habit, I usually say it the wrong way. "A-SEUSS " is correct.

Handruin

Administrator
I voted for the Dr suess way since that's how I've always pronounced it.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I've always pronounced it A-zuss. But since my spoken english (and even more, my spoken Taiwanese) leaves much to be desired, I don't think my opinion has much weight here.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
CougTek said:
I've always pronounced it A-zuss. But since my spoken english (and even more, my spoken Taiwanese) leaves much to be desired, I don't think my opinion has much weight here.

I figured you would pronounce it "f*ck-zuss", CougTek. :wink:

.Nut

Learning Storage Performance
"A" - Zoose

...rhymes with MonGoose

Off topic Abit (excuse me, a bit :eekers: ) I recall when Asus first went into business back in the early-to-mid '90s, selling slightly cheesy Sun clones. The X86 business came along Abit (...there I go again, a bit) later after they rather quickly abandoned the Sun clone market.

A-Zoose. A-Bit.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
It's the first, people.
In Greece and Italy however we call it A-SUSS...
The "A" is like 'cup'... totally open.

Stereodude

Not really a
FWIW, my wife tells me the pronunciation of their Chinese name sounds nothing like ASUS. Of course the same goes for Gigabyte, MSI, etc... :lol:

mangyDOG

Learning Storage Performance
I did always pronounce it A-suss, however I was speaking to an Asus rep at a sales conference and it is meant to be A-zeus.

cheers,
mangyDOG