Image Max H-View Angle: ±89°
    Image Max V-View Angle: ±89°
    Color Support: 16.7 Million
    Image Aspect Ratio: 16:10
    Image Brightness: 500 cd/m²(typical)
    Image Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typical)
    Max Resolution: 1920x1200 (WUXGA)
    Max Sync Rate (V x H): 76 Hz x 81 kHz
    Power Consumption Operational: 80 W (maximum)
Add 12ms response time to the features list above.

I'm impressed. Every specification is top-notch. There's apparently no compromise with this screen.

Now I know why I'll be doing overtime in the next few weeks.

Handruin

Administrator
Let us know how it is if you buy one! I believe Pradeep bought one. Looks like a nice display...it's huge.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
My order status is "in transit to local carrier" so hopefully I'll see it on Tuesday, if not I'll have to wait till next Monday as I'll be in Europe for a few days.

ddrueding

Fixture
Man, that's what my 191Ts cost when I bought them (3). Time for an upgrade? But 3 20"-wide monitors wouldn't fit on my desk...

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Handruin said:
Let us know how it is if you buy one!
I might, but not before this summer. No money for this right now. RSP time is just over and I saved a lot for my retirement this year. I will be quite tight until I get my (big) tax return.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
April 30th is the deadline before the interest man cometh.

The contribution deadline for a registered retirement savings plan is now usually in or around the first week of March.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Idiots from Dell sent me a 2005FPW, instead of a 2405. I await the cross shipment.....

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
The saddest thing was talking to customer service.

Your problem sir?

I have received a 20" 2005FPW, instead of the 24" 2405FPW I paid for.

How do you know this?

Umm, the box says 2005FPW, and it is clearly too small to contain a 24" monitor. Up to this point, the box was unopened.

Please measure the screen diagonally sir.

I open the box (thus forever condemning it to refurb hell), and take out screen. I tell the guy "there's no component inputs, like the 24" has".

Please measure the screen sir

I measure the screen, shock horror, it's 20".

Give him the serial number.

Wait on hold for approval.

Get RMA number.

Hopefully I will get one early next week. As an aside the 2005FPW is a very nice monitor, definitely handy for the image processing work we do. It seems more fullfilling than the 2001FP. Can't wait for the big momma :)

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I'm quite certain that I will kill myself if I ever have to talk to Dell tech support again.

My 17" Dell LCD's power button broke and I had to go through 25 minutes of diagnostics until the guy would believe me that it was broken. I didn't actually do any of the diagnostics, because the monitor was already disconnected and sitting on the floor. At least the new one got here quickly.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I think they have stringent tests to find the dumbest of the dumb, then train them even further, and finally put them into customer disservice.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I think that I've related my Dell horror story here before -- ended up ordering a new monitor to get a replacement AC adapter.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Got the 24" (actually they were pretty quick, they shipped last Wednesday and it was delivered Thursday.

First impressions: very nice. No dead pixels (or I would be sending this back too). Definitely not too large. In fact it kind of shrinks after a while. Currently running on VGA as the DVI on our crappy Quadro 280 cards doesn't support WUXGA, but it's very sharp nevertheless.

Definitely makes the 2001FP seem small in comparison.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Is there a lot of graphic cards that support 1920x1200 on their DVI output? I while ago, DVI definition limit was 1280x1024. I haven't followed this up in the past few years.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
CougTek said:
Is there a lot of graphic cards that support 1920x1200 on their DVI output? I while ago, DVI definition limit was 1280x1024. I haven't followed this up in the past few years.

On the 2005FP coupled with a Matrox P650 (DVI) I was able to use the native resolution of 1600 x 1200, which I disliked. :)

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
CougTek said:

Well I finally hooked it up to my Athlon, and to my delight my elderly ATI AIW 7500 had no trouble driving it via DVI at 1920*1200. tho strangely it doesn't display any BIOS boot up screens or Win multi-boot menu. I have to select blind. Howeve once Windows boots up she's hunky-dory.