Did Megi get Paugie?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Just want to be sure that our Philippino representative is ok. The typhon center passed a bit North of Bulacan but it still must have rocked down there.

paugie

Storage is cool
Huh! Sorry have not been around for a while.
Thanks, Coug for the concern. The typhoon passed about 200 miles north of where I live. So it didn't really affect the metropolis. But devastation to agriculture was great. The rice harvests were ready. Plenty of electric posts down and school buildings torn down. It was, after all, billed as the strongest storm in the world this year.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
What will the poor Philippinos do without rice? Import potatoes from Poland? Potatoes are good and make you strong. See what they did for Mariusz Pudzianowski.

ddrueding

Fixture
See what they did for Mariusz Pudzianowski.

From his Wikipedia article:

Strongman Diet

On one of the World Stongman events shown on TV, as well as in an interview for MTV, Mariusz when asked about diet said: "I eat everything. I do not follow any particular diet. I eat anything I want, anytime I want".[22]
An example of Pudzianowski's meal: "Breakfast is 10 eggs and bacon. I need it for energy. Lunch, at 1 or 2 p.m., is a double meal of a Polish pork chop, sauerkraut and potatoes. An hour later, I work out, then take lots of supplements: magnesium, creatine, amino acids, all that stuff Dinner is whatever meat I can get: steaks, pork chops, bacon, plus more sauerkraut and potatoes. After I work out I have a protein shake
He said for MTV that he prefers Polish cuisine. When he has some time he often cooks himself, as he does not particularly fancy meals from restaurants. He often eats bigos, Polish soups, Polish sausages and typical Polish dinners with cooked potatoes, 200-300 g of meat and some salads (usually cucumber salad).[22]
In an interview at the beginning of his world strongman career he said that his supplements, training, massages, etc. costs him approximately 6000 złotys (ca. 2000 USD) per month.[23]

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Thanks, Coug for the concern. The typhoon passed about 200 miles north of where I live. So it didn't really affect the metropolis. But devastation to agriculture was great. The rice harvests were ready. Plenty of electric posts down and school buildings torn down. It was, after all, billed as the strongest storm in the world this year.

That sucks. :cheese:

Have you any photos?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
On one of the World Stongman events shown on TV, as well as in an interview for MTV, Mariusz when asked about diet said: "I eat everything. I do not follow any particular diet. I eat anything I want, anytime I want".[22]
An example of Pudzianowski's meal: "Breakfast is 10 eggs and bacon. I need it for energy. Lunch, at 1 or 2 p.m., is a double meal of a Polish pork chop, sauerkraut and potatoes. An hour later, I work out, then take lots of supplements: magnesium, creatine, amino acids, all that stuff Dinner is whatever meat I can get: steaks, pork chops, bacon, plus more sauerkraut and potatoes. After I work out I have a protein shake
He said for MTV that he prefers Polish cuisine. When he has some time he often cooks himself, as he does not particularly fancy meals from restaurants. He often eats bigos, Polish soups, Polish sausages and typical Polish dinners with cooked potatoes, 200-300 g of meat and some salads (usually cucumber salad).[22]
In an interview at the beginning of his world strongman career he said that his supplements, training, massages, etc. costs him approximately 6000 złotys (ca. 2000 USD) per month.[23]
See, lots of potatoes and...no rice. You want to grow tall and strong : eat potatoes.

Seriously, I didn't read anything about his diet, but just the fact that he's Polish insured that he ate a lot of potatoes. Poland is potato-land.

LunarMist

I'm sure the massages were a large part of that cost. :)

LunarMist

Massages, there the Thai are far superior.

Heh, I have a friend who visits Thailand a couple times a year for around 6 weeks each time. He's had a lot of physical therapy there. :sunny:

paugie

Storage is cool
Massages, there the Thai are far superior.

Heh, I have a friend who visits Thailand a couple times a year for around 6 weeks each time. He's had a lot of physical therapy there. :sunny:

I'd be afraid, very afraid.

Kidding aside, my eldest daughter who now works in Vietnam raves over how she is treated in the Spas there. She says she feels like a queen. Of course, it costs a LOT of money. I don't dare to ask how much. I've a feeling it could be, like, half of what I earn here in the Philippines in a month.
She's the one earning it, she's free to spend it.

Hmmm, potatoes. I'd be happy with french fries, except for the lard and the salt and the ketchup to make it more palatable. :)

Handruin

Administrator
See, lots of potatoes and...no rice. You want to grow tall and strong : eat potatoes.

Seriously, I didn't read anything about his diet, but just the fact that he's Polish insured that he ate a lot of potatoes. Poland is potato-land.

I don't know why anyone eats potatoes. They are earth turds. So bland and odd starchy texture with a weird taste. I don't even like french fries.

Handruin

Administrator

Sorry to hear about the destruction that occurred, but I'm glad you are alright.

Stereodude

Not really a
I don't know why anyone eats potatoes. They are earth turds. So bland and odd starchy texture with a weird taste. I don't even like french fries.
Some mashed potatoes are great. Adding a packet of powdered ranch dip mix (the kind you add to sour cream) makes for some killer mashed potatoes.

Handruin

Administrator
How can you not like mashed potatoes and gravy?

I find them very bland and boring tasting. I don't even care much for the gravy either. They just don't taste good at all and I'm not going to force myself to like it either, like some do for alcohol/beer/wine/etc. There are much better-tasting foods I can eat, so why waste the space on potatoes? I know very few people share my opinion on potatoes. I only know of one other person who happens to be a coworker who shares a similar view.

I do like sweet potato fries.

LunarMist

How can you not like mashed potatoes and gravy?

Because it is disgusting? I have teeth and refuse to eat soft potatoes. I am not sure what gravy is, but I don't like the look of it.

ddrueding

Fixture
Because it is disgusting? I have teeth and refuse to eat soft potatoes. I am not sure what gravy is, but I don't like the look of it.

Gravy is the reduced grease and fat from cooked meat, thickened with flour and possibly corn starch. Like cheesecake, it tastes much better if you didn't watch it be made.

paugie

Storage is cool
It all probably is a matter of culture and taste.
I can eat mashed potatoes but like bread better and rice, of course. In the Central Philippines, the staple is corn.

LunarMist

Gravy is the reduced grease and fat from cooked meat, thickened with flour and possibly corn starch. Like cheesecake, it tastes much better if you didn't watch it be made.

I had a feeling it was something gross.:puke-l:

It reminds me of that British dish that must prepared just so in the oven.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I love baked potatoes with butter, cream and bacon.

Also, french fries (known to me internally as chips aka fish and chips but they bring you potatoe chips if you ask for that in the US). The shoestring type for maximum flavor.

And mashed potatoes, also with butter. Sweet potato is also very nice.

ddrueding

Fixture
You're probably the last (okay, 2nd to last) person on this forum who should criticize the spelling of someone else. :rotfl: Especially one who simply read what was on the card given to him. :erm:

It was indeed funny. Particularly considering I had just read Lunar's comparison of a 5400 RPM drive to a 720000 RPM one.

LunarMist

I left the safety shields behind when I moved back stateside.