Different case from Lian li

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
It does not look so easy to replace one drive at a time as in a normal case.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
It supports very large motherboards like the Gigabyte oversized board SSDdrueding wanted to use. The CPU cooler height must be limited though. And the front USB connector has to be plug uinto one of the rear ports :tdown: But overall, it's an interesting take on computer case design.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I disagree, Lunar. Apart from hotswap bays, that arrangement looks far easier to change drives - especially 2.5" drives.

CougTek, you're mistaken; the USB 3.0 ports end in a 20-pin header plug:

Lian_Li_PC_90_USB.jpg

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
CougTek, you're mistaken; the USB 3.0 ports end in a 20-pin header plug:
That's the image (from Lian Li's site) that made me write the comment regarding the USB 3 port. Look at the blue internal USB port close to the front panel's interior :
90-05.jpg

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder what's actually shipping? Probably the 20-pin header, because the review is dated 30th August 2011.

Here's the review. The first picture shows the case with a 20-pin header plug attached.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
According to the review, the front USB ports are 3.0. The adaptor cable allows them to be connected to USB 2.0 if your motherboard does not support USB 3.0

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I like the drive tray. It needs more of them, though. Or maybe I just need to break down and trade all my computer chassis for Norco monstrosities.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Maybe you could mount drives on both sides of the tray?

2.5" on one side, 3.5" on the other.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
That's how it is intended to be used, with the 2.5" drive mounted on the inside. A case that can harbour 6 3TB 3.5" drives plus 6 1TB 2.5" drives isn't too bad IMO. It might not be like a Norco with 24 bays, but it's better than most enclosures of comparable size.