DVD DL Burner

Stereodude

Not really a
I haven't used a version of Nero newer than v6. I think I have at least one Lightscribe capable burner in my PCs but I haven't ever burned one.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
You can see the striations in the lettering even at high density and best quality settings. :cyclop:

Stereodude

Not really a
Revisiting an old thread...

My Optiarc AD-7260S burns MKM-001 (Verbatim 2.4x DL) the best out of all the bitsetting capable burners I have (NEC ND-3540A, Samsung SH-S203B, & Lite-On iHBS112). Unfortunately it seems to be flaky if it's used a lot sequentially. Perhaps something in the drive overheats mid burn, like the laser power supply, creating a frisbee. It doesn't work correctly until the whole PC is rebooted. I've only see the problem during burning. I tried a different SATA port, and checking the cables, etc. I'm guessing the drive is bad. :(

I an also report that burning slower isn't always better. All of the drives that support 2.4x and 4x yielded considerably worse burns at 2.4x on the 2nd layer than at 4x.

Stereodude

Not really a
So I bought a AD-7261S because I figured my AD-7260S was bad but I liked the burn quality. Unfortunately the 7261 does the exact same thing as the 7260. If you do a few back to back burn + verifies without letting it cool down / rest between them you get a complementary frisbee.

Here's a screenshot of the error (7260):

7260 log file

Here's a screenshot of the error (7261):

7261 log file

I've never had this issue with any other burner I've used. :confused:

And, FWIW I actually bought two AD-7261S drives, so I have a 3rd one I can test that hasn't been used yet. Though admittedly, I'm not sure how many more $1 DVD+R DL frisbees I want to intentionally make.