Eggxpert Tiered Power Supply List

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Two annoyances about two different Antec power supplies.

Antec Neo 450: supposed to have 2 PCI-e connectors rather than the 1 that the 400W model has. Don't trust Antec's published specs. :-x

Antec Earthwatts 380 (as supplied with 4-year-old NSK3480 case): has 2 SATA power cables with 2 connectors on each cable. Two are only a few cm from the PSU case, so it's impossible to plug them into a drive, even when it's mounted next to the PSU. :boom:

tazwegion

Learning Storage Performance
Two annoyances about two different Antec power supplies.

Antec Neo 450: supposed to have 2 PCI-e connectors rather than the 1 that the 400W model has. Don't trust Antec's published specs. :-x

According to their specifications HERE the 450C only has 1 x 6 pin PCI-e connector (plus 1 x 6+2 connector) ;)

Antec Earthwatts 380 (as supplied with 4-year-old NSK3480 case): has 2 SATA power cables with 2 connectors on each cable. Two are only a few cm from the PSU case, so it's impossible to plug them into a drive, even when it's mounted next to the PSU. :boom:

So open the shell up and solder in a new length sata loom ;)

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Exactly, there's supposed to be two, but in fact there's only one.

What's the point in having 34A with only one PCI-e connector?

tazwegion

Exactly, there's supposed to be two, but in fact there's only one.

What's the point in having 34A with only one PCI-e connector?

Going back over ALL the provided specifications... I'd say it's was a "big whoopsie" on the part of either the website designer OR their site's data entry clerk(s) because according to their product flyer the Neo Eco 450C is only has one PCI-e connector as the "other" plug is a 4+4 (not a 6+2) dedicated molex connector type ;)

Antec Neo Eco 450C Product documentation

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I have been using the Earthwatts series and the 4+4 plug can be used in a 8 pin PCI-E socket. Or separated for a single 4 pin connector.

tazwegion

Codegen is a really good name to know. They are very cheap and can usually be trusted

..... to fail after about 5 minutes use.

I've owned helium balloons that were heavier than the average Codegen PSU.

If you have a good one, treasure it - 'cause it's one of a kind!

Well you must have placed a hex on it because it just gave up the ghost, intermittent power on/off cycling, now I'll have to prematurely upgrade and retrofit a preloved Antec :eek:

Such is life...