Entering the 64bit era

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
So I got around to installing software on the computer tonight, after putting an LG 8x DVD-RW and a Samsung SP80 160GB 7.2k rpm drive in it.

Installed WinXP, ready after about 15 minutes, then office and 50MB of windowsupdate stuff, total about 30+ minutes. The computer felt pretty fast. :)

time

Storage? I am Storage!
sdbardwick said:
time said:
I don't wear glasses. :-?
But Handruin does...

This really invites a bitingly sarcastic comment, but I'm going to restrain myself and assume that reading skills in LA are limited to clothing labels. :)

The color shift as Handruin describes is obvious without glasses. Please read my post earlier in this thread.

FWIW, my wife has almost no usable vision without her glasses. It must be interesting to carry a spectrometer around on your nose. :eek:

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
time said:
This really invites a bitingly sarcastic comment, but I'm going to restrain myself and assume that reading skills in LA are limited to clothing labels. :)

Still having a bad day Time?

Your view angle position does not explain the effect handruin describes in the bit I quoted, as the view angle does not change with a simple tilt (or rotation) of the head (at least in humans), as the eyeball moves independently of the noggin and maintains the same relative angle.

However, tilting the head will change the angle of the eyeglass lens to the screen as well as the eye, which results in the abberations noted by handruin.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm pleased you took my delicate swipe in the spirit it was intended. :)

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to point out that while my eyeballs certainly rotate, they do not bob up and down inside my skull.

Which they would need to do to maintain the same angle relative to a point.

If you check your own anatomy in a mirror, you will find that tilting your head forwards (which is what you do when viewing a screen) inevitably drops the level of your eyes.

ddrueding

Fixture
The issue that I've been dealing with is that weaking fully-polarized glasses while looking at a LCD screen will not only change the colors, but make it completely black.

With one of my 191Ts rotated 90-degrees CW, it appears to be off when wearing my glasses, and the one to the left of it (not rotated) appears normal. If I tilt my head 90-degrees CCW (or CW for that matter) they switch....or am I just PUI again?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
mubs said:
So is Albatron a good brand overall?

Me said:
The experience I've had with Albatron thusfar has been highly positive. I can't speak to anyone else's findings, but I've received spit-and-polished K8X800s that have almost the same standard of quality I've found with Gigabyte. I'd put Albatron in the same broad category as AOpen and Epox.

... on the other hand, I haven't had an Albatron board long enough to know whether problems will be forthcoming.

... and oddly enough, I had one just this weekend: My K8X800 now, ha-ha, resets to CMOS defaults if I try to power it on with an AGP card installed. This includes telling me that my CPU settings are wrong (they're auto-detected) and refusing to display video. Works fine with a PCI video card. That's something of a deal-breaker for the computer I was using to play games, though.