F@H Gromac Core Doesn't Work with Mandrake Linux

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I downloaded (all 5 CDRs worth of data) and installed RedHat 7.3 and I'm back up Folding. I love my ISP!!

C

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I know I have processed proteins thru Gromacs on my RedHat 7.3 box for several weeks without a hitch.

I like RH 7.3 very much, although it slows down rapidly when I open programs, even after I close them/stop using them. There seems to be a problem with the way Xfree86 (RedHat uses a mix of Gnome and KDE 3.0 applications) free up memory once an application shuts down. I would like to find a way to clean up my memory after I close programs on that box, because it's otherwise a very nice environment.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm running RH 7.3 too now Coug....seems pretty nice..only have 128MB RAM with my 1200 Athlon though

C

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Hey Clocker--Did you ever get anywhere with the Mandrake problem? I'm now running a machine with a full Mandrake install, and I'd like to run F@H on it, but same thing...just sits there. I kind of like the way Mandrake is set up, but I guess I could load Red Hat if necessary. Any fixes?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Dozer-

I'm running RH, but, make sure you are starting the folding client correctly (so that you can see what is going on).

• Open a command prompt window (i.e. a Terminal Window).

Navigate to the directory to where you have downloaded the client.

Assign executable permission to the console client (i.e. chmod +x FAHConsole.exe (or whatever the file name is)

From within the directoy you installed the client type: ./FAHConsole.exe (or whatever the name of your cilent is).

It should then start going and text will scroll as the client does it's thing. I'm not sure that the will crunch correctly or if you will get credit for the crunching though...

C