Flash 11 is out

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Can I assume it will ask for an update automatically when needed?

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
Can I assume it will ask for an update automatically when needed?

No, but you may assume that it will ask for an update when unneeded and unwanted. The only other alternative is that when eleven is needed Flash 10 will simply fail giving no intelligible error and probably locking-up the calling application.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Same thing. I have to update Adobe 50-100 times per year anyway, since every time I restore the C: image it happens again in a few hours. :(

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm impressed that I was given browser-specific installation instructions.

It's not that it's hard for them to do, but that sites rarely bother.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm not impressed. I installed it and after installing it still says version 10.3.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm not impressed. I installed it and after installing it still says version 10.3.

It shows the correct version for me under Firefox 7.01, Chrome, Opera 11.51 and Opera 12 alpha.

However, when I tried the upgrade under Windows 2000, it only offered me 10.3.

Are you running Windows 2000? :lol:

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Not that anyone here cares, but the rpm didn't work in OpenSuse. I downloaded the tar.gz and moved the file myself. This worked perfectly.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
It would be nice if the rpm worked for Fedora because my secondary FAH-dedicated box has Fedora installed on it (with LXDE). It won't break my heart if it doesn't, because the only real purpose of that box is running the FAH client, but just for the sake of being up to date and fully functional, I'll try to install it on it later this week.

Handruin

Administrator
It shows the correct version for me under Firefox 7.01, Chrome, Opera 11.51 and Opera 12 alpha.

However, when I tried the upgrade under Windows 2000, it only offered me 10.3.

Are you running Windows 2000? :lol:

Hey there's my problem! :drl: No, I'm actually running Win 7 64-bit. I updated and only checked Firefox 7.01. For whatever reason after trying multiple times, it would not upgrade to version 11. The only add-on I run is ad block plus, so I don't feel like I have a complicated environment. I'll try rebooting my system and recheck. Maybe it needs a reboot. That fixes so many things, I should have defaulted to that.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Not that anyone here cares, but the rpm didn't work in OpenSuse. I downloaded the tar.gz and moved the file myself. This worked perfectly.

I have an OpenSuse desktop at home. Flash has never been very good on Linux.

I don't think that's Linux's fault.

I have to admit that I'm not entirely on top of software updates on my home machines. I dislike closing Firefox so I'm lazy about keeping some things up to date.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I have an OpenSuse desktop at home. Flash has never been very good on Linux.

I don't think that's Linux's fault.

I have to admit that I'm not entirely on top of software updates on my home machines. I dislike closing Firefox so I'm lazy about keeping some things up to date.

The Flash x86_64 builds are a lot better than ever before. Give it a try.