Folding@Home

CougTek

Serial computer killer
That damn monkey took advantage of the time I was sleeping to finally pass me once and for all.

Oh well, I'll be on Doug in less than a week at my current pace. That's the highest I will climb though, the four other freaks are all crunching faster than I do.

BTW, what happened to Cliptin? He hasn't visited much these last few days and his stats haven't bugged in a while. Cliptin, if you were waiting someone to notice your absence then it's done, come back.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I think he is on holiday. Though, being from the wrong side of the pond and in consequence a little linguistically challenged, he would no doubt refer to it as a "vacation".

Tea, is pleased to have finally vanquished a redoubtable opponent. She has been walking around the house all night - well, she calls it "walking" - saying "Ha! Take that you ... you ... you human!" She seems to think that anyone whose knuckles don't make contact with terra firma during normal ambulation is sub-simian, and probably follicularly challenged too.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Well I sent back 4 or 5 units without any credit in the stats so I'm going back to genome till it's sorted out.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
OK, this is pathetic, I shall now ask my flatmate to run Folding for £10 a day on his celeron 1.2. This is dumb. I have no network cable for the P3 system so it remains inactive. Actually it still has the old genome program.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Tannin said:
...and probably follicularly challenged too.
Why do you feel you have to use such complicated vocabulary when you are addressing a reply to me? This word is not even in my dictionary and I bet half the native english speaker don't have a clue what it means..

GIANT

Learning Storage Performance
Tannin said:
...and probably follicularly challenged too.
CougTek a écrit dans l'article: said:
Why do you feel you have to use such complicated vocabulary when you are addressing a reply to me? This word is not even in my dictionary and I bet half the native english speaker don't have a clue what it means..

That would probably be an obfuscation for the word bald.

follicle + ly

-ly = Like; having the characteristics of...

Besides, I would have used a different spelling: follicly.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
CougTek said:

Because I know that you will take the trouble to look it up. :) My always suspect spelling must give you a lot of trouble! Giant is right, as Gary's monikers usually are.

Handruin

Administrator

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Oh, that's a cheap shot Doug. Don't forget that 50 usual users don't always have bleading edge computers and they don't let their machines run 24/7 like we do. Besides, although we are only 11 active members, we probably have more active CPUs than they have too.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Can someone explain me why I put an "a" in bleeding above? Damn stupid finger, I'll have to punish it once again.

(going to his tool kit for the hammer...)

Handruin

Administrator
CougTek said:
Oh, that's a cheap shot Doug. Don't forget that 50 usual users don't always have bleading edge computers and they don't let their machines run 24/7 like we do. Besides, although we are only 11 active members, we probably have more active CPUs than they have too.

Yeah, I guess it is mean, we are techo-snobs over here. :) Since we have a great interest in computers, we are destined to have high performance computers crunching 24x7.

Don't punish the finger too bad, you might need it to pick your nose at some point. :clown:

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Handruin, that's not fair. You know perfectly well that those guys are doing dammed well considering their slow, outdated hardware. Hey, if we were to put ourselves on an equal footing with them, CPU-wise. we would all have to dig our Pentium IIs out of the spare parts bin to match it with the Mac users' best and latest PowerPC chips.

(Tannin! Stop that at once!)

(Sorry.)

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I've just been looking at the way it can be seen from the other side of the fence. Go here - http://www.statsman.org/folding2stats/html/324.html - for example. This team is a few places in front of us, cruising along nicely, and then all of a sudden - WOOSH! - there goes Team StorageForum.net. One minute your mirror is clear and you're lone on the road, the next there is an 18-wheeler flying past six inches away.

(The link will no longer illustrate this in another day or so, of course.)

It will happen to us one day - just when we are feeliong cocky about ourselves, no doubt.

The main challenge over the next little while will be these guys: http://www.statsman.org/folding2stats/html/1630.html - plafond-9.com Folding@Home Team - Indonesia, currently #204 on the Statsman chart, are crunching over 500 units a day and swallowing up the teams above them at a great rate. We should catch them by the morning though.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Tannin said:
The main challenge over the next little while will be these guys: http://www.statsman.org/folding2stats/html/1630.html - plafond-9.com Folding@Home Team - Indonesia, currently #204 on the Statsman chart, are crunching over 500 units a day and swallowing up the teams above them at a great rate. We should catch them by the morning though.

Try 500 points per week or 75 points per day vs out 900 points per week/128 points per day. You are correct that they should be in our rear-view mirror shortly: We are producing 50% more than them.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
P5-133XL said:
Try 500 points per week or 75 points per day vs out 900 points per week/128 points per day. You are correct that they should be in our rear-view mirror shortly: We are producing 50% more than them.
In fact Mark, we are even more productive than that. It hasn't been a full week since some of us significantly increased their pace by adding more systems. Our current beat is about 1000+ points per week so we do not outclass them by 50%, we outclass them by 100%.

Dr. Willy

What is this storage?
Gibt es any engineering program out there? I was wondering if everything in distributed computing goes around biomedical programs.
Can somebody provide a link with all available meta-computing projects out there?

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Herr Messerschmitt (Willi Emil Messerschmitt, as you’re rightly named), your influence on aviation and World War II in general are great, albeit misused by Hitler, but later less abused when used by the United States Air Force and Rockwell for the X-31 project. You were/are an accomplished pilot, especially considering that you became one at age 14. You started the company BFW (Bayerisch Flugzeigwerker), later renamed Messerschmitt AG, and again renamed (after you were found guilty of profiteering and slave labor) Messerschmitt Bolkow-Blohm GMBH. But, you are still Bavarian! :mrgrn:

Dr. Willy

What is this storage?
Das ist wahr!
Then, after my company helped build the European Tornado fighter-bomber it was bought by Daimler-Benz AG which was later fused with other (British, French, and Spanish) companies to create the pan-European EADS.

Ja ja, ich bin omnipotent! 8)

PS. Oh, and, er... let's forget this thing about slave labor :oops:
Politics apart, my machines were great. I was only helping my country TO CONQUER YOU ALL afterall.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
#195 and counting. We should appear in the rear-view mirror of plafond-9.com Folding@Home Team - Indonesia any time now.

In fact, within the hour: I just connected my two home machines up - sent in three results - and when I get to the office I'll walk around my crunching farm with a network cable and send in, oh, maybe 8 or 10 completed folds.

Guys, we are cookin!

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Well, so much for that: when I check the Stanford stats (i.e., not Statsman, because Statsman lags about an hour) we are already past them: we are at #192 and they are #196. The next challenge is Team Austech Info:

Code:
the ultimate in online technology information based forums, it is the premier technology and information based forum in Australia. The Austech.Info website is also the new home (yet another ) of the former CD Copy World.

The Austech.Info website is currently attracting more than half a million individual page views a month from users in Australia and all around the world and it's growing very fast. Infact we average over 50 new users a day.

They have their folding team on the front page and are crunching at ~700 points a week. (Err, I think I've got my days and weeks right this time, P5. Today is Friday, right?)

Right now they are at # 179. We can catch them though: we are sitting on 900 points per week and still improving.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
When I left I had all of my machines crunching. When I returned 11 days later I found that my apt had suffered a power failure and none of my machines had crunched anything for a week.

My machines are back up now but I've been futzing about with settings and BSODs so I don't have a good feel for what my own weekly output will be. I don't even know what my standard dailey output is.

I can gaurantee that it will be more than NGR. Put up boy.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
We need Andy's dual Athlon MPs crunching for the team. Where has he been, anyways??
C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Dammit! My ISP must have gone down for a few hours last night. Handruin has managed to pull ahead of me. It is uncanny how evenly we track together when all is well....

Must figure out way to crunch faster....faster...must figure out way to crunch....faster... Hmmmm maybe I can build an army of 486s for cheap to give me the edge? Well, eventually, my P133 will turn in a work unit....

C

Dr. Willy

What is this storage?
Maybe I can help you Herr Professor Clocker,

I have connections with the highest members of the German goverment. We will be schnell to invest on your little project. But we will need some information, in exchange. :twistd:
Hmm, let's say about your nuclear weapons.

Also, sind Sie interessiert?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Traurig... verkaufte ich meine letzte schmutzige Bombe auf eBay letzter Woche...

Clocker

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Please gentlemen. My german is kinda rusty. I would rather not have to copy / paste a bunch of posts on babelfish in order to follow the discussion. If I start to post in French, PeeWee in Greek/Italian, Buck & Dr. Willie in German and others in different languages, nobody will understand anything to the overall message.

French is fine for Québec, German is fine in Germany, but English has to be used in international forums until another language takes over the world (which I doubt, English is soo damn easy to learn compared to everything else that simple/lazy spirits would never follow if something else tries to overtake it).

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Geez ya bastards, strike me pink if youse ain't getting your knickers in a knot over sweet FA. Struth! Owdya cope if me and me mate Pradeep posted in Strine? Youse'd be flat out like a lizzard drinking tryna pour a drop of that down Babelfish. I reckon youse'd ave two bloody chances.

Anyway, aveagoodweekend.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
And with all our recently-added crunching power, only three teams are more productive than us up to the 40th position so the up coming month should be an easy ride in the park for us.

We are now the 32nd most productive team overall, a nice improvement over our 39th rank of last week. I would be surprised if we climb the ladder a lot more on the short term though. Our top crunching members seem to have maxed out for now. Still, we have nothing to be ashamed of.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Tea said:
Clocker said:
Dammit! My ISP must have gone down for a few hours last night. Handruin has managed to pull ahead of me.

Clocker - it ain't Handruin you mostly have to worry about. :bibber:

I've already accepted the fact that you will be blowing by me, Tea. You're in a totally different weight class than I (Not to say you're at all fat, my dear). My reasonable expectation is to catch or stay even with Handruin.....