For BlueGears Fans (new home theatre PC audio card)

iGary

Learning Storage Performance

HT computers are not exactly down my alley, though, I do find them interesting.

In any case (ahem... one with PCI slots), BlueGears recently released an "ultimate" HTPC audio card. Merc likes BlueGears' earlier audio cards, which I believe he nominated as having the best-bang-for-the-buckaroo in audio cards.

Ultimate PCI sound solution for Gaming and Home Theater PCs. 8 Channels, 24-bit/192KHz, 110 dB Oxygen 8788 PCI sound card. Bluegears' b-Enspirer is a high quality PCI 8 channel sound that can be built into home audio electronics or personal computers to provide high fidelity sound playback and processing. b-Enspirer enables studio level audio performance. With support for 8 outbound streams, b-Enspirer can easily support the latest theater quality 5.1, 6.1 or even 7.1 surround sound systems. For enhanced playback, b-Enspirer enables the hardware that allows customers to experience the complete surround sound experience whether using four, or even two speakers...

http://bluegears.com/b-Enspirer.html

ddrueding

Fixture
Interesting. It's cheaper than the one I have (X-Plosion) yet physically larger. I wonder what the quality difference is like?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The difference is that they're using a different audio chip that supports DDL/DTSI, and there's an onboard digital input.

I was desperate enough to try getting the Hoontech digital I/O daughterboards that will work with the X-plosion that I tried buying them from a computer store in Sweden (Thanks again Freeborn!), and to date I've found two of the proper addins on Ebay, both of which are now mine.

The other interesting difference is that this card is branded Bluegears. Auzentech is the US distributor of the HDA X-Mystique and X-Plosion now. I was under the impression that the distribution and support for the HDA- hardware was sold to Auzentech. Maybe this board is based off a different reference? Or maybe it's just another re-branding effort?