Gateway P-6301 drivers for XP?

ddrueding

Fixture
I have one of these laptops and have installed XP on it. Got all the drivers running except the audio, I can't find what type of audio hardware it runs listed anywhere! The chipset is GM965, and UAA is installed. I've been searching for hours, and haven't been this frustrated in quite some time.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
A quick search indicates a IDT/SigmaTel HD Audio based chipset, but can't tell you which one? Nothing comes up in google.

PS. My first thought was a Realtek HD Audio Controller, but looks like Gateway went cheap and nasty...

ddrueding

Fixture
Thanks for the info, Chewy. I didn't even find that much info in much googling. I have the laptop sitting right here, is there an easy way to tell?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Tried Belarc Advisor?

Actually, based on my experience with Gateway's support, they were good help with drivers, even going so far as to post drivers that were not previously on their site.

Fluke

What is this storage?
Website
www.fuerapiche.com
I apologize for the large bump, but I too have had troubles locating the proper drivers for the Gateway P-6301. Well, after lots and lots of sleepless nights, I've stumbled upon an XP SigmaTel driver on Gateway's support site. But because this is such a large bump, I will also PM the person who started the post in case they miss it. ;)

pchedstrom

What is this storage?
Need XP Drivers for Gateway P6301

The XP downloads on the Gateway site is incomplete.
The media card reader, touch pad, modem, and video are Vista only.

The posts above indicate several board members cracked that puzzle.

I am really in a jam and need to get this up.
All I have is a lot of yellow question marks in the device manager.
Windows update failed. I think they are drivers for other Gateway
laptops but no one seems to remember.

This laptop has a great picture but runs much better in XP Pro!

I REALLY hope someone wrote it down or is still using the model:?::?:!

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a hunch that the drivers are available on the Intel site. Look at motherboards with 965 in their part number.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If you look on the bottom of that notebook you'll probably find a Compal part number. You might have an easier time if you can equate your Gateway to either a generic Compal design or with a Sager or similar "generic" notebook from a vendor with better download support.

I've found it easier to find drivers for Acer notebooks by finding the laptop ODM and working from there rather than dealing with Acer's retarded site.