Gigabyte goes down the tubes

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Mercutio:
I don't see the woman as over the edge, but, your post concerning Jack Huntington was WAY OVER THE EDGE.

I don't know what's going on, but, you might want to give second thoughts to your posts, BEFORE YOU POST THEM.

Sam, I know you've been through a lot, but, ...

Greg

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I want access to Merc's entire collection of pictures.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
While I have respect for Howell, I think his decision to leave the board and have his account actually deleted was just plain stupid.

If you find somebody’s posts here offensive, it’s easy to block view of all that person’s posts. It’s also easy to see any of the blocked posts on a case-by-case basis (if you choose). He could have done that….I know I do it with great effect for one individual here.

Why anybody would just choose to cancel their account and leave forever because of one post by one person is just beyond me. Maybe he was looking for an excuse to leave and that was it.

Handruin

Administrator
Like many who have left, they selected a single incident to encapsulate the rest of their problems. Everything is relative...here people have some tough arguments and things get too personal because we know each other a lot better than most forums. In the past I've felt that tiptoeing was required far too often in fear more people will leave. The truth is people will leave no matter what we do so I'm not going to be that way any more. People come and go and we are who we are.

I don't think things were all THAT bad in this post to cause his reaction especially without any feedback prior to making his choice. Like Clocker, I have respect for Howell, but I'm not going to plead for him to stay if he doesn’t want to be here. I can try to work to improve things he dislikes, but otherwise I can't control the content of this board without it seeming like a dictatorship.

Are people becoming that sick of this board, or sick of the way I run it? If you feel it would be better run by someone else, speak up. I don’t want to see it die because of my reluctance to give it up. So if you think things should be done differently, say so.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
What Clocker said. Signal to noise here is better than any other 'board I frequent. I've had a couple of differing opinions to others here, but geez, that's life, and I still read their posts. Here is still far better than anywhere else. Besides I can't be right all the time.

<little voice>Yes you can...
You sure?
Yes my precious...
Cool!
</little voice>

I was joking about be right all the time O.K!
Bartender, drinks on the house!:beer:

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
LiamC said:
What Clocker said. Signal to noise here is better than any other 'board I frequent. I've had a couple of differing opinions to others here, but geez, that's life, and I still read their posts. Here is still far better than anywhere else. Besides I can't be right all the time.
Ditto.

Howell was going thru some rough times a while back. I really hope things improved for him and didn't actually get worse. It's human nature to become more sensitive when we go thru rough times.

Doug, you're fine just the way you are. You locked a couple of my threads, but I never took it personally :-D and felt what you did was quite right.

Many regulars have disappeared in the last several months. :crap:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Greg: I haven't changed my mind. Someone who complains about a fast dialup connection being slow is like someone who complains that he is poor despite a six-figure income. That person is worthy of contempt.

Clocker: Send me a hard drive and I'll fill it up for you. Any size you like. Your pick of media and subject matter. :)

re: Cougtek. He was venting. He got slapped. Eventually he'll get over it. Coug's not been in the best possible place in life recently, either.

re: Howell. Basically, I haven't been able to understand the point of view he's had on various non-computer issues for quite some time. I really don't understand what he got upset about this time, either. As far as I know he never made any particular effort to articulate his feelings on the matter. So how the hell am I supposed to know that something offends his particular sensibilities?

re: Handruin. You're fine and quit worrying. Drama is part of the nature of close-knit forums. :)

re: Me. I pretty much say exactly what I think. I don't plan on not doing that. I don't see the point in participating in a forum where I can't speak my mind.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'll second Merc on all, but only WRT: Greg because of the last line.

I won't get mad at someone for "going over the line" if it was a legitamate expression of their opinion. If someone is saying something specifically to make a point (exageration, or something more personal) than "lines" need to be considered.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
ddrueding said:
That and it doesn't hurt much to be wrong.

That's because people can't reach through the monitor and throttle you. Uou'd deserve it.

PS: I was using "guys" as a gender-neutral address. In most cases, it is proper in English to use the otherwise male form as neuter. Anyway, I already overuse "folks," and "you people" sounds rediculous.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
How about yall? I met some girls from Texas who used that constantly.

What is with the inordinate amount of hostility around here lately?

LOST6200

Storage is cool
I dopnot understnad wTF is going on. Maybe the summer heat? The iomage was ptretty tame sheescakes stuf really. unless somehting else is happenign behind the scenes I dont kwow about. And hey, I am pretty much fufucked right nowe, both personaly physicality, emotionel, financialy everything, but I donut take it out oj the internet!

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Clocker said:
I want access to Merc's entire collection of pictures.

What will Kevin's wife think when a dozen or so 500GB drives arrive from the UPS? j/k ;)

Vlad The Impaler

Learning Storage Performance
Not that I post much, but Doug is doing just fine. I really should try and put back in to the resource that I take much out of....

Brown_Sugar

What is this storage?
I just laughing when i read through this discussion. It started with Asus will take gigabyte but ended up with some gender racist issues.
Some people do feel offended with that and some people just trying to play along. I guess we have to have some sense of humor as long as it under control.

That's the other pictures. ;)

Er, anyway, I'd like to suggest that the conjoined companies be known by the most obvious of names:

Assabyte.

I think it should be better if they go with "ASSBITE"
sense of humor please :-D